“Good Fondue” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Good Fondue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here because it was close to our hotel. The service and the food were quite good. The wine is rather expensive - there are no cheap options to choose from. The food is also a little too pricy for what you get. I had the cheese fondue, which was very tasty. The downsides were that the cheese was a little thin and it only came with bread, even though we ordered the "meal" version. Some veggies would have been nice! Our friend had pasta which he said was good. We had started with the snails for an appetizer, and you only get 6 with three tiny pieces of pumpernickel bread, and they looked canned. I'd eat here again for the fondue, but maybe only as an appetizer next time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Mandy F

Gainesville, Florida
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I picked this restaurant for one reason only: it was next door to my hotel. I was tired and it was raining and I asked the hotel desk clerk to direct me to the closest place to get dinner. When she told me there was a swiss-italian place next door, I wasn't sure I wanted to try it, but location won out. Luckily, it turned out that both the service and my meal were very good.

It was a bit expensive, I thought, but not outrageously so. I would certainly eat there again, but probably only for a special occasion to justify the expense.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank MakeMineWaterfront
Banff, Canada
“Amazing Cheese Fondue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have gone to Ticino's often. The food is alway outstanding and the atmosphere always relaxing(never rushed). The servers talk with you and take care to enjoy you have a great dining experience. I especially love the cheese and chocolate fondue along with the veal dishes. Write this review makes me want to go tonight!

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank bkosterski
Augusta, Georgia
“Love the fondu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We read a few of the comments written on Tripadvisor and debated about going to this place but it was very close to our hotel so we walked down the street to look at the menu and liked what we saw. We did not have a reservation and it looked full but the host managed to seat us within 5 minutes. The decor really reminded us of places that we had eaten in Switzerland. We had the cheese fondue and it was perfect! We both ordered salads and found them fresh and delicious. We were pleasantly satisfied so did not order an entree but noticed many tempting dishes as they passed by. The service was great and the food delicious - certainly a place I would go again and again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
6 Thank happytravelers1979
Hudson, Ohio
“Lovely food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

There is close to nothing that wasn't wonderful about this place. I had this great dish, a stuffed chicken breast coated in hazelnuts and my wife had the lamb. The mushroom soup was great. And the service was perfect.

The only minor thing was like so much in Banff, it was expensive, $130 before the tip, though we both had drinks and split an appetizer and a dessert.

5 Thank Swift-Ohio