“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Gainesville, Florida
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I picked this restaurant for one reason only: it was next door to my hotel. I was tired and it was raining and I asked the hotel desk clerk to direct me to the closest place to get dinner. When she told me there was a swiss-italian place next door, I wasn't sure I wanted to try it, but location won out. Luckily, it turned out that both the service and my meal were very good.

It was a bit expensive, I thought, but not outrageously so. I would certainly eat there again, but probably only for a special occasion to justify the expense.

Visited September 2012

Banff, Canada
“Amazing Cheese Fondue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have gone to Ticino's often. The food is alway outstanding and the atmosphere always relaxing(never rushed). The servers talk with you and take care to enjoy you have a great dining experience. I especially love the cheese and chocolate fondue along with the veal dishes. Write this review makes me want to go tonight!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Georgia
“Love the fondu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We read a few of the comments written on Tripadvisor and debated about going to this place but it was very close to our hotel so we walked down the street to look at the menu and liked what we saw. We did not have a reservation and it looked full but the host managed to seat us within 5 minutes. The decor really reminded us of places that we had eaten in Switzerland. We had the cheese fondue and it was perfect! We both ordered salads and found them fresh and delicious. We were pleasantly satisfied so did not order an entree but noticed many tempting dishes as they passed by. The service was great and the food delicious - certainly a place I would go again and again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Ohio
“Lovely food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

There is close to nothing that wasn't wonderful about this place. I had this great dish, a stuffed chicken breast coated in hazelnuts and my wife had the lamb. The mushroom soup was great. And the service was perfect.

The only minor thing was like so much in Banff, it was expensive, $130 before the tip, though we both had drinks and split an appetizer and a dessert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laramie, Wyoming
“Suprisingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After trying to get to a few restaurants downtown (most very crowded and with not pleasant atmosphere) we ended in Ticino. Boy, what a great surprise this was! Not crowded, spacious, very pleasant inside, service great, food fantastic. This is Swiss- Italian restaurant, some things on the menu are very traditional like viener schintzel, some a little bit more innovative (my husband had chicken with hazelnuts and goat cheese).

Visited August 2012