“quiet gem in Banff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Terrace

The Terrace
222 Lynx St (Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel), Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
+1 403-762-4433
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Description: The Terrace is excited and proud to present it's transformation into La Terrazza. Our new menu offers freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Banff.
Boston
“quiet gem in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tucked away behind the Banff Lodge, a delicious meal was had, with wine tastings, fresh ingredients and a smiling, friendly server. Faced with the option of eating in the huge Banff Springs hotel, this was a lovely option.

Visited June 2013

Prince George, Canada
“Best in Banff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We spent a week in Banff and tried several different restaurants, and although we heard this was a great spot we were hesitant to eat at a hotel restaurant. We usually like to try Bistro's or small family owned establishments, but we were told by friends this was a great spot, so we gave it a try. The food was good, the service was fantastic. The Terrace certainly did not disappoint us. We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Fine dining in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a fine dining restaurant located in a hotel setting. The food and service were excellent. There was a good selection of local foods and wines. We had 1 starter, 2 mains, 1 dessert and a bottle of local wine which came to a total of about $170 CAD so it was good for a fine dining Canadian experience. My Elk main course was excellent, very tender and favourable. The service was very good.

Peterborough, England
“Sorry if I gush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I’ll start by saying this was as good a meal, and whole dining experience, as we can recall anywhere for a very long time. It didn’t start well as a mix-up had left us with no reservation (and you MUST book in advance to stand any chance of getting in). But the maitre d’ (good one Bob) handled this so well he turned a negative into a positive. He totally accepted it was their mistake, apologised profusely and invited us to wait in the bar while he sorted it out (darn, another cocktail). He had a table prepared for us in about 5 minutes flat, offered complementary desserts, and came over to apologise again at the end of the meal. Just handled it superbly.
And once we were at our table everything was of that same high standard. The service, the little details, and most of all the food. I’m sure whatever you chose would be just as good (you get that feeling) but our warm smoked duck salad (shared), my wife’s dorade and my duo of veal were all sublime.
The Terrace is quite expensive but if you can afford it as a treat then do it. If you’re fortunate enough to be able to go there every night do that. Knocks the spots off anything else we came across in Banff.

• Visited May 2013
Lloydminster, Canada
“Superb Food, Cocktails, & Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travelled alone to Banff this past visit as I was only in for one night to attend a doctors appointment the following morning. After an awful 6 hour drive in pouring rain I decided that I would visit the Terrace based on other reviews as I needed to end my day on a good note! I chose to sit up at the bar so I wouldn't feel awkward without a dinner companion & had no problem requesting & receiving the full Terrace dinner menu rather than the basic Bar menu offered. Everything from start to finish was outstanding. I ordered the Pumpkin Ravioli for an Appetizer which was delicious but perhaps a wee bit too crispy on my particular order...... It was a tad difficult to slice into the ravioli shell and could have been more tender..... That being said, it was still very good and is the only small criticism I have from my entire experience!:) for my Main I had the Duo Veal which was beyond outstanding for flavour, presentation, and tenderness! It melted in my mouth. Absolutely divine! For dessert I had my 'go-to' Dessert - Creme Brûlée. Excellent as well with beautiful presentation. One of the biggest things that contribute to my 5 star rating would have to be the superb cocktails along with the outstanding service from the Auzzie bartender. Over the 2 hours of my visit I ordered a Caesar, a Pisco Sour, and a Fresh Fraise to go with Dessert. All excellent!! Top notch cocktails made fresh, from scratch, with only Tier 1 ingredients! Needless to say I left there very satisfied and will definitely return & definitely recommend !