“Fine dining in Banff”
Review of The Terrace

222 Lynx St (Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel), Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
403-762-4433
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.

87% Recommend
There are newer reviews for The Terrace
Sydney, Australia
“Fine dining in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a fine dining restaurant located in a hotel setting. The food and service were excellent. There was a good selection of local foods and wines. We had 1 starter, 2 mains, 1 dessert and a bottle of local wine which came to a total of about $170 CAD so it was good for a fine dining Canadian experience. My Elk main course was excellent, very tender and favourable. The service was very good.

• Visited June 2013
Peterborough, England
“Sorry if I gush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I’ll start by saying this was as good a meal, and whole dining experience, as we can recall anywhere for a very long time. It didn’t start well as a mix-up had left us with no reservation (and you MUST book in advance to stand any chance of getting in). But the maitre d’ (good one Bob) handled this so well he turned a negative into a positive. He totally accepted it was their mistake, apologised profusely and invited us to wait in the bar while he sorted it out (darn, another cocktail). He had a table prepared for us in about 5 minutes flat, offered complementary desserts, and came over to apologise again at the end of the meal. Just handled it superbly.
And once we were at our table everything was of that same high standard. The service, the little details, and most of all the food. I’m sure whatever you chose would be just as good (you get that feeling) but our warm smoked duck salad (shared), my wife’s dorade and my duo of veal were all sublime.
The Terrace is quite expensive but if you can afford it as a treat then do it. If you’re fortunate enough to be able to go there every night do that. Knocks the spots off anything else we came across in Banff.

• Visited May 2013
Lloydminster, Canada
“Superb Food, Cocktails, & Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travelled alone to Banff this past visit as I was only in for one night to attend a doctors appointment the following morning. After an awful 6 hour drive in pouring rain I decided that I would visit the Terrace based on other reviews as I needed to end my day on a good note! I chose to sit up at the bar so I wouldn't feel awkward without a dinner companion & had no problem requesting & receiving the full Terrace dinner menu rather than the basic Bar menu offered. Everything from start to finish was outstanding. I ordered the Pumpkin Ravioli for an Appetizer which was delicious but perhaps a wee bit too crispy on my particular order...... It was a tad difficult to slice into the ravioli shell and could have been more tender..... That being said, it was still very good and is the only small criticism I have from my entire experience!:) for my Main I had the Duo Veal which was beyond outstanding for flavour, presentation, and tenderness! It melted in my mouth. Absolutely divine! For dessert I had my 'go-to' Dessert - Creme Brûlée. Excellent as well with beautiful presentation. One of the biggest things that contribute to my 5 star rating would have to be the superb cocktails along with the outstanding service from the Auzzie bartender. Over the 2 hours of my visit I ordered a Caesar, a Pisco Sour, and a Fresh Fraise to go with Dessert. All excellent!! Top notch cocktails made fresh, from scratch, with only Tier 1 ingredients! Needless to say I left there very satisfied and will definitely return & definitely recommend !

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went here based on our front desk agent's (Homestead) recommendation. We found the service to be a little slow, but it was worth the wait! The cocktails were amazing! Will definitely be visiting the Terrace again on our next stay.

Visited May 2013
Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
“Voted the Best Restaurant in Banf and it lives up to its name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

the location of this restaurant is obscure. It survives on its merits for excellent food, outstanding flavors, exceptional presentation, professional service in a very simple and attractive location at prices several dollars below those on Banf Avenue purportedly at this standard.
If you are in Banf this is the dining experience you will want to have at least once. Have it your last night as all others before will pale in comparison
Exceptional were the Elk Medallions, the creamed celery root soup with air dried Bison, the escargot en croute, The Alberta Smoked duck, Lamb Shoulder sous vie, and Veal duo.
Every dish was exceptional and presented in exceptional artful way. Did I say they do Game well. When in Canada Game is it.
Unusual complimentary puree's of squash, tender spring asparagus, baby vegetables, mascarpone polenta, braised lentils all in preparations equally as tasteful.
The restaurant contracts the top chefs from switzerland and they are good.
The terrace deserves being rated the top restauarant in Banf.

• Visited May 2013