“Disappointment!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Terrace

The Terrace
222 Lynx St (Banff Park Lodge Resort Hotel), Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
+1 403-762-4433
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 115 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf St
Description: The Terrace is excited and proud to present it's transformation into La Terrazza. Our new menu offers freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine in the heart of downtown Banff.
Red Deer, Canada
“Disappointment!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went here after looking on trip advisor and there was so many good review of this place. We were completely disappointed!! The food was over all to much and to complicated! Scallops were defiantly not cooked well no sear yet over done. Venison carpaccio had to much going on. Veal cheeks where very soft but description said Brussels sprout and it came out with one shredded sprout. I had the salmon the sauce was way to sweet!! Even the drinks were awful! And it cost 120!! Way to much for place who is desperately trying to 'fancy' to many flavours in each dish. We went to the MAPLE LEAF the night before and spent 175 everything was AMAZING! Go there!!!! Don't waste your money here!

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carla S

Banff, Canada
“Tastiest cocktails in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

If you appreciate actual cocktailing, you'll love it here. The bartender (Jono) is a beauty. The drinks menu is awesome, nice chill place to take your date/a few friends for some casual drinks. If you have some suggestions, he's very open to it as well, super accommodating!!! Will be back!!!

6 Thank MY8888
Banff, Canada
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I dinned here for our Anniversary last week. We were greeted by a very gracious and warm server who seated us promptly and took our drink orders straight away. The menu has just changed for the season so I was excited to see and try some new things on there. I started with the orange seared scallops (I do love my seafood) which came with ginger, some really crispy slaw, beet and tarragon foam. It was so light and fresh! For my main I ordered the dorade which came with a lobster foam and celery root puree. My fish was cooked perfectly and had crispy skin. Really, really delicious. My husband had the tasting menu which consisted of duo of duck, soup, pork belly with a white bean puree, and crème brule made with yogurt instead of cream all accompanied with the wine pairings. Portions were really good and the pairings were spot on; almost too much food for me though. I find I am never able to eat the side vegetables on my plate as my actual main is very satisfying. The only negative about my dinner in particular was my dessert which I thought was really poor; pear and fig tart. It came lukewarm and tasted really bitter. I don’t normally put too much thought in dessert as it is but I find the quality of the dessert election not on par with the standards of the food from the kitchen itself. Another great evening!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank hnphil
Red Deer, Canada
“Lounge drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stopped by the Terrace Lounge in the Banff Park Lodge. We go there just for the Mojitos! They make a basil or mint mojitos. The best I have ever had!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Anne J
Calgary, Canada
“Delicious beef tenderloin!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Terrace is a wonderful restaurant located inside the Banff Park Lodge. The last time I visited I had the beef tenderloin and it was fantastic! Really delicious and cooked to perfection! The atmosphere is very cozy and intimate and the service was exceptional. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice dinner out in Banff!

• Visited December 2012