“Yummy Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tooloulou's

Tooloulou's
204 Caribou Street | P.O. Box 2601, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T0L 0C0, Canada
+1 403-762-2633
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 121 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tooloulou's is a locally owned and operated restaurant in Banff Alberta. We offer sizeable Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner menu choices with a Cajun Creole touch & some Canadian flair. Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll !)
Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
“Yummy Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great breakfast menu...a few different kinds of eggs benny. Great service, great atmosphere...love the breakfast here!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Food was amazing, breakfast menu was huge and our portions were massive! Service was quick and efficient, absolutely cant wait to eat there again :)

Visited February 2013
Canada
“A Great Little Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Finding this quaint little restaurant was a treat that I never would have expected to find in Banff. To me a part of the dining experience is the ambiance of the restaurant, background music, and of course the food.
The outside appearance of is restaurant is most eye-catching. The entrance, and just inside is nicely done with a railing that doesn't just allow arriving guests to spill into the small area, thus crowding those already enjoying their food.The ambiance here is truly unique, with about 10-12 tables and 2 distinct eating areas. The interior decor is rather charming and blends well, giving a warm, cosy feel. The background music is a feed from a New Orleans radio station and is a neat idea. It has a pleasant blend of Louisianna music, mixed with a bit of advertising regarding New Orleans businesses which is cool. The sound level is perfect - it is there, but definitely not annoying.
The menu is easy to read, and the un-initiated will not feel intimidated. This makes "first timers" comfortable. The choices are plentiful, varied, and tasty. This whole package has been but together by someone who has been in Cajun country.
Oh, the Mardi Gras deco at the time of our visit was a nice touch.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Banff, Canada
“I can't say I will be visiting again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends for a late brunch and ordered Artie's Benedict.

Unfortunately, although good, the food was not my favourite. It was hot, so this means it is cooked to order but they had way too much going on on the plate.

I decided to try this dish in particular because I like artichokes, but honestly, in this particular context, I would have preferred to have left them out. I was lucky I asked the waitress to add Canadian Back Bacon (for and extra charge).

Feedback around the table was that the food was ok, but nothing special.

The plus is that they serve breakfast until 2 pm. So of you went out the night before, it helps.

For eggs benny, go to Mel's, as Touloulou's just does not have it in them!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Catherine S, Owner at Tooloulou's, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We were very sorry to hear that your visit to Tooloulou's was not the experience that we strive to provide our guests. We offer a wide selection of Eggs Benedict with three choices on our Lunch Menu and nine choices on our Breakfast menu. The Artie's Benedict is designed to showcase artichokes and also provides a vegetarian option. The Vik & Dik is our version of a regular eggs benny and is offered for both breakfast & lunch. I encourage you to visit Tooloulou's again in the future and should you decide to do so, please introduce yourself to me and let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much.
“pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

very tasty- great service. We were very happy with the experience. The space has been completed renovated and it was lovely. The food was yummy I had crab and my husband had etoufe, the kids menu was reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2012