“Not Cheap,,, but” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Not Cheap,,, but”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This will be a meal you will remember. Food is incredible especially if you like steak. It's not cheap but go try it once, you'll agree awesome.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa
“Quality food and service in a relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Started with the scallops and pork belly for an appy and then elk tenderloin for my entree and finished with the house made cheese cake, everything was excellent the service was at attentive and very friendly while the atmosphere was warm and relaxing

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Brunch or dinner, it's a top choice in Banff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend the banana bread french toast. Also, best steak I've had in town! For four people with a bottle of wine it was just over 200 with tip. Very reasonably priced and much better service than you'd get at a chain.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food - horrible service and arrogant/rude manager!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at the maple leaf many times while in Banff. The awesome food has been enough to keep us content even with slow, unprofessional wait staff.

This last visit though was the straw that broke the camel's back. We made a reservation for 5pm, a week or so prior to our trip. We ended up having a later lunch the day of so we called the maple leaf to see if we could change or reservation from 5 to 6pm. The man said "let me just check with my manager", and then returned and said "no problem! We will see you tonight at 6pm!"

When I arrived in the restaurant I told the two women I had a reservation for 6pm and they informed me I didn't have one.
Me: yes, I made it a couple weeks ago. It was initially for 5pm but---"
Manager "oh well you were late then!"
Me: "No, I wasn't late. I changed the res time to 6pm this afternoon."
Manager "no you didn't. I have nothing here."
Me: "I spoke to a gentleman who said he asked and confirmed with the manager. Is there a manager I can speak to?"
Manager: "I am the manager so nope- no one asked me!"
Me: "okay... So do we have a table or not?"
Manager *grumpily whispers to the hostess* who then leads us to a back corner of the restaurant which was cold and drafty from the outside weather and had blankets piled up against the windows trying to keep it warm. Not working.

We usually spend $250 on our meal at the maple leaf with appetizers, meals, desserts and wine but I am sad to say we will not be back. That amazingly delicious restaurant is incredibly mismanaged and I have never (I mean never) been treated so poorly by anyone in the restaurant business let alone the manager. Snooty, arrogant, and unwilling to accommodate-- or even make me feel like she wanted our business. She would have rather turned us away. Well guess what. You got it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely meal. It was not cheap but the quality was good. While in Canada we thought we should have a local wine, it was expensive and not that good. Overall we had a great night and enjoyed our meal.

Visited February 2014