I read the rave reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to have lunch there, just before leaving town to go back home. We ordered items at the higher end of the lunch price range ($24, $15) with a relatively high expecation for taste. We just got an average lunch at higher-than-average price. I got disappointed. I can't understand why our experience was so different from other reviews.
- Halibut & chips (waitress's recommendation): Fish had zero taste, there was absolutely no taste to this fish. I've had halibut many times before and it should have a good flavour. I'm not sure what kind of halibut was this, fish texture was fine and it was tender but no taste. Chips were so so, very salty. I love chips but I couldn't finish them because of the salty taste. I got disappointed.
- Wasabi salmon & asian noodles: Wife liked it. I had a taste. It was good. Not super special, no taste explosion, just good. No complaints.
- Service: Helpful friendly staff. Lunch took a long while to come (maybe 45 minutes), they said many orders came at the same time and that's why it took so long.
- Price: A little high but then all decent restaurants in Banff are priced a little high.
- Convenience: They don't have a credit card machine to bring to your table, they take your credit card and bring the bill to you to sign. For a restaurant at this price range, you would expect them to have that. All other even smaller Banff restaurants have that.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.