“Name is bland - food is not at all.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 120 restaurants in Banff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
“Name is bland - food is not at all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a surprise when walking in the door. I actually expected a bit of a dive based on the name, shame on me. :)

Comfortable, inviting atmosphere. Food was great, fresh and definitely not 'out of the box' pre-prepared.

The offer a private room upstairs, I'll be booking that sometime in the future for sure.

Great place, definitely check it out.

Visited March 2013

80% Recommend
  • Korean first
Winnipeg
“Excellent Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dining at the Maple Leaf in Banff is a must-do for anyone who wants quality food in a great atmosphere. The service was AMAZING. The food was UNREAL. The Goat cheese truffles were absolutely delicious. We ordered four different salads, and all were fantastic. I had the Sablefish for my entree and was so pleased with it. Delicious, and perfectly presented with superb sides.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Catharines, Canada
“Lived up to it's promises.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked through Open Table for the same evening. Had no trouble getting a reservation on the second floor; the view was mountain partially obscured by the building across the side street. The rustic decor seems typical, but the menu was much more than rustic.

My partner and I shared a salad and the prawn fritters served with an aioli that was to die for. For mains we both chose Bison: he the tenderloin, me the prime rib. Both were served with generous servings of potatoes (his gratin, mine mashed) and tender vegetables. We peeked at the dessert menu but would not have been able to do justice, we were so full.

The wine list could be a full evening's worth of reading. We were glad to see a number of Canadian (BC and Ontario) wines along with the world wines. The selection by the glass was not nearly as extensive, but the featured Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon very much did the trick..

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice atmosphere, friendly service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I went to The Maple Leaf for drinks and dessert. The atmosphere was comfortable and quiet. Our server was friendly and prompt and able to make suggestions from the menu. The decor was kind of hilarious with stuffed beavers and antlers hanging on the walls, typical Canadian stereotypes! Our desserts (maple ice cream and creme brûlée) were very good however neither of us really enjoyed our drinks. This place was nice but I don't think we will return.

Visited March 2013
“Excellent service, great entrees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Our family just walked in off the street, not knowing what we were getting into. We sat in the lounge. Wonderful Canadian music, nice atmosphere. The menu was quite pricey, but we decided to give it a try because the menu was so interesting. We had the game platter appetizer, lamb shank, the cowboy steak, king crab, and sable fish; all were amazing. Also, I enjoyed the best Caesar drink I've ever had. The only downside is the price, $200 before tipping. You only live once! Very good dining experience.