“Contempory place with banff style food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 132 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Quebec
“Contempory place with banff style food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is gorgeous. It looks brand new but definetely fit in the Banff style. The food was very good but dont expect amazing. Very quiet place. Our server was a young girl coming from Ottawa and was extrêmely friendly.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“A delicious dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My father and I started our trip to Banff off on the right foot with dinner at The Maple Leaf. The restaurant had been recommended to me by multiple friends and for good reason. The food and service were both great. My dad and I split the select greens salad. For entrees, my dad had the apple crusted pork tenderloin and I had the bison stroganoff. The apple flavor came through nicely in the sample bite of tenderloin my dad kindly offered me. The pork came served atop a round of mashed potatoes, broccoli rabe and roasted veggies. The bison was tender in its mix of paradelle pasta, spinach, and red peppers. I was happy that the sour cream came in a dollop on top and not mixed into a thick cream sauce, allowing me to determine how much cream I wanted mixed into the sauce. Chef's Jimmy's Crumble for dessert came out of the oven piping hot and spiced with cinnamon.

The restaurant 's ambience is perfect for its mountain setting.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Expensive but worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The prices are a little high, but the ambiance and the food is simply stunning. We went there as a group (more than 10 people) and everybody were able to sit at the same big table facing each others. The wine selection is just too big, you actually have to go through dozen of pages of great wine. Some are cheaper and some are super expensive.

Overall this is one of the best restaurant I tried in Banff.

Visited March 2013
Banff, Canada
“Yummy food, great service & fantastic 18oz Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

From the get go, we felt that we were welcome here!

It was busy, as it was St. Patrick's day, so most places turned us away because we had not made reservations.

We were seated in comfortable lounge chairs downstairs and as we really did not have a very large budget for a meal, we were surprised when the waitress offered orders to be split between each couple.

First we shared a fondue, which by the way, was more than enough food for the four of us. Each couple then shared a main course. Our friends had the bison strogonoff and we ordered the 18oz steak.

Everything was cooked to perfection! The steak was like butter... Would melt in your mouth.

The bill also came to about $83 per couple, which is what we normally pay at a Red Lobster for lower quality food and service!

We will definitely return again and again. Great value for money for any special occasion!

Get out there! Maple Leaf will not disappoint...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My best meal in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Every place I dined in Banff was good and this one was my winner as the best. They specialize in exotic or wild game meats and they deliver the goods when it comes to doing them well. I had eaten here before on my last visit two years ago. I returned to find that they are still delivering the goods in terms of quality and service. A bit pricey but to me it was worth it. I look forward to another great meal ther the next time I visit.