“Yummy food, great service & fantastic 18oz Steaks!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 126 Restaurants in Banff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Banff, Canada
“Yummy food, great service & fantastic 18oz Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

From the get go, we felt that we were welcome here!

It was busy, as it was St. Patrick's day, so most places turned us away because we had not made reservations.

We were seated in comfortable lounge chairs downstairs and as we really did not have a very large budget for a meal, we were surprised when the waitress offered orders to be split between each couple.

First we shared a fondue, which by the way, was more than enough food for the four of us. Each couple then shared a main course. Our friends had the bison strogonoff and we ordered the 18oz steak.

Everything was cooked to perfection! The steak was like butter... Would melt in your mouth.

The bill also came to about $83 per couple, which is what we normally pay at a Red Lobster for lower quality food and service!

We will definitely return again and again. Great value for money for any special occasion!

Get out there! Maple Leaf will not disappoint...

• Korean first
“My best meal in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Every place I dined in Banff was good and this one was my winner as the best. They specialize in exotic or wild game meats and they deliver the goods when it comes to doing them well. I had eaten here before on my last visit two years ago. I returned to find that they are still delivering the goods in terms of quality and service. A bit pricey but to me it was worth it. I look forward to another great meal ther the next time I visit.

Calgary, Canada
“Good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nine of recently enjoyed dinner at The maple Leaf in Banff. When we arrived, we were shown upstairs to a beautiful log room. We were seated at a round table, which is so much nicer than a long table. We had a cocktail and then ordered our meals. I had artic char, which was outstanding. Several folks ordered Bison and raved about their meal. A couple of folks had NY steaks and said it was good, but a little tough and chewy - go with the Artic Char it was spectacular. Couple of deserts for sharing including crumble which was very good. Serive through out our meal was very attentive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Maple Leaf says Canadian, thisplace is more international”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were shown upstairs to a beautiful log-line room. Stephanie our server was very organised also very polite. The food is outstanding, the wine selection good but on the pricey side. A really lovely experience and some of the best food we've eaten for a while.

• Visited March 2013
Kamloops, Canada
“Amazing food and amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here while staying in Banff on September long weekend in 2012. We had our share of great, but typical lunches and dinners and wanted to go somewhere a little fancier.
The food was exquisite and I truly believe our server made it that much better. I sure wish I could remember his name, but he was amazing! He had knowledge of the food and town and he was fun yet professional. He was definitely memorable :) we will be returning to eat here again on our next stay in Banff.