“My best meal in Banff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 122 restaurants in Banff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
“My best meal in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Every place I dined in Banff was good and this one was my winner as the best. They specialize in exotic or wild game meats and they deliver the goods when it comes to doing them well. I had eaten here before on my last visit two years ago. I returned to find that they are still delivering the goods in terms of quality and service. A bit pricey but to me it was worth it. I look forward to another great meal ther the next time I visit.

81% Recommend
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“Good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nine of recently enjoyed dinner at The maple Leaf in Banff. When we arrived, we were shown upstairs to a beautiful log room. We were seated at a round table, which is so much nicer than a long table. We had a cocktail and then ordered our meals. I had artic char, which was outstanding. Several folks ordered Bison and raved about their meal. A couple of folks had NY steaks and said it was good, but a little tough and chewy - go with the Artic Char it was spectacular. Couple of deserts for sharing including crumble which was very good. Serive through out our meal was very attentive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Maple Leaf says Canadian, thisplace is more international”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were shown upstairs to a beautiful log-line room. Stephanie our server was very organised also very polite. The food is outstanding, the wine selection good but on the pricey side. A really lovely experience and some of the best food we've eaten for a while.

• Visited March 2013
Kamloops, Canada
“Amazing food and amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here while staying in Banff on September long weekend in 2012. We had our share of great, but typical lunches and dinners and wanted to go somewhere a little fancier.
The food was exquisite and I truly believe our server made it that much better. I sure wish I could remember his name, but he was amazing! He had knowledge of the food and town and he was fun yet professional. He was definitely memorable :) we will be returning to eat here again on our next stay in Banff.

Calgary, Canada
“Good Food Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been coming here for a number of years and have never been disappointed. On this occasion we were seated on a window table upstairs at the far end which I think is one of the best areas. We shared the cheese fondue to start which was excellent but quite filling, to follow my husband had the tenderloin and I had the duck, both dishes were cooked to perfection. No room for dessert! The waiter was friendly and attentive without overdoing it and was knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu. Best to reserve in advance if you want a nice table on a busy night.

• Visited February 2013