“Amazing food and amazing staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 120 restaurants in Banff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Kamloops, Canada
“Amazing food and amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here while staying in Banff on September long weekend in 2012. We had our share of great, but typical lunches and dinners and wanted to go somewhere a little fancier.
The food was exquisite and I truly believe our server made it that much better. I sure wish I could remember his name, but he was amazing! He had knowledge of the food and town and he was fun yet professional. He was definitely memorable :) we will be returning to eat here again on our next stay in Banff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“Good Food Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been coming here for a number of years and have never been disappointed. On this occasion we were seated on a window table upstairs at the far end which I think is one of the best areas. We shared the cheese fondue to start which was excellent but quite filling, to follow my husband had the tenderloin and I had the duck, both dishes were cooked to perfection. No room for dessert! The waiter was friendly and attentive without overdoing it and was knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu. Best to reserve in advance if you want a nice table on a busy night.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Friendly Staff and Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly. The Elk special tasted great. Food was in the correct proportions. The waiter offered us more bread.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Average food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food was pretty average from a price - quality point of view. When you pay $13 for a caesar salad - you expect a great salad. My son asked for extra parmesan and they said sorry that is not possible. My husband had the onion soup which the taste of a salt shaker and cheap cheese. The wine list did not cater to someone wanting a bottle of wine at a reasonable price (i.e $30). My husband had the braised lamb (again average to poor), I had the Arctic char which really was again too salty. Our teens were fairly happy with their choices.
Overall, I find this resto overrated.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Prawn crackers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed several days in Banff as part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip. We had already eaten at a couple of good restaurants but had 'saved' the Maple Leaf for our last night as we had looked at the menu and it was recommended by the B and B we were staying in. We booked a couple of days ahead. When we arrived we were seated in an area which appeared to be the main thoroughfare for waiters serving and dinner guests arriving. Our waiter was surly to say the least! I wanted to order the House signature dish of salmon and asked if i could have the prawn garnish 'deshelled.' The waiter said no that this was the way it was served and I should be able to manage it myself. I would have thought any chef/restaurant worth the name could have carried out such a simple request. The night went down hill from there. The waiter treated us as an encumbrance and despite my protests my husband still left a tip, even though our service was far from satisfactory. The whole experience was a HUGE disappointment!

• Visited August 2012