“Excellent food that has unique items” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 123 Restaurants in Banff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Calgary
“Excellent food that has unique items”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We eat here fairly regularly and love the wine list, the quality of the food and the atmosphere. No complaints on our numerous trips here over the years....Love the place!

Visited December 2012

81% Recommend
  • Korean first
tucson
“Christmas dinner at The Leaf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner at the Maple Leaf on two occasions in March 2012. Everything was so good that we booked dinner for 12/25 and 12/28 with our two children (22 and 20). On both visits, the food ( bison, pork loin, scallops, elk meatballs) were
excellent (except the Wine salad which was flat and just OK). The decor is perfect for Banff and the staff was very busy (as expected at holiday time) but pleasant. Next time I am in the Banff area will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing and the service was even more disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We were the only table in our section that wasn't told the special. I felt that because we had kids we were frowned upon even thou there is a kids menus. Food was slow to come and our dishes were never cleared from our table even when we were paying the bill. I don't mind paying money for good food but $13 for 5 pieces on calamari about the size if a toonie wasn't something we could share as an appetizer. I once a server in my younger days would have been embarrassed to serve this dish. I had the pork tenderloin that was over cooked and very dry but there was no chance to make a comment as there was no good check until we were pretty much finished supper. This was our one dinner to spend our money on a nice outing and somewhere new and I would have got better service at McDonald's.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice tourist trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Poor management has turned this place into a poorly run tourist trap. Unprofessional service and bad food.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A party of 12”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were staying at the springs and fancied a meal out as a group, the springs with thier usual efficiency made the reservations. When we arrived we found we had been given a private room at no additional cost, the service was first class and the food arrived in good time was hot and wonderful, I can recccomend the white tail deer! The cost was reasonable but I suppose cost is always a matter of perspective. I live in London! We have eaten at the Maple on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. My wife and I had another meal there one evening and had a table by the window, it was dark outside and the snow began to fall very heavily it was wonderfully romantic!

• Visited December 2012