“Good indian resto, will come again” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Vancouver, Canada
“Good indian resto, will come again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

.indian cuisin
.around the corner from homestead inn, where we stayed
.a table of two indians behind us, who ordered in their native tongue, to me its a good sign.
.girlfirend ordered chicken curry and I had salmon. I asked about salmon and they said it was wild atlantic. Meat was white and I was surspicios. Was ok, but chicken curry was gooood.

Summary: not a ten $ to fifteen $ resto, more closer to 17 to 22 range. With tip, bit came to 55$. We liked it. Didn't like the fact they charged us 5$ for rice and 3$ for the bread. Am from vancouver, so this was a semi shocker. LOL. Oh well, its a tourist town.

I would recon if u r willing to pay 50 to 60 for two persons. We didn't drink anything other than water.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto
“Amazing food, ultra-attentive service, fabulous all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I'm baffled by the negative reviews! Fortunately, friends of ours (serious Indian food lovers) had visited Banff and raved to us about this restaurant -- saying it was one of the best Indian meals they'd ever had. We were not disappointed at all!

We went for dinner twice on weeknights. Our servers on both occasions were efficient and extremely helpful. My partner can't eat things with any kind of chilis or chili powder in it, and asked whether they'd be able to prepare something without it -- no problem. I wanted to specify only white meat in a dish -- again, no problem. When they delivered the food, they told us specifically that if it wasn't to our liking, just let them know and they'd have it fixed. They filled our water glasses before we had time to ask for a refill.

The food was absolutely delicious. Our favorite dishes were the butter chicken and the daal. (and, of course, the naan) I would've happily eaten there for every meal. The dining room is attractive and has big windows looking out onto a side street of Banff. Washrooms are down a flight of stairs in the basement.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“What would Gordon Ramsey say....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We love Indian food and we love our neighbourhood Indian restaurants in New York. After getting a surprisingly good Indian food at the stand in the Granville Market, we all were ready to eat another one in Banff. Our neighbourhood Indian restaurants are very accomodating, so when I saw vegitable makhani, I asked the server if they could make chicken makhani. She said no and told me to get butter chicken or Tikka masala. I like chicken makhani as it has both dark and white meat. The Indian server told me both butter chicken and tikka masala had dark meat. Really?? I had eaten in many Indian restaurants, but I have not gotten dark meat in tikka masala. What I was very surprised was that we had to order rice separately. Rice comes with meal here in NY, and you can get "refill" for free. We could not finish so we brought the rest home. We had to order another dish of rice!! The restaurants around home can give us the rice free to take home. The food was delicious. While we were eating, 2 Indian groups came in. There seemed to be only 3 servers, and it took a LONG time for us to get out. Our server was busy attending the Indian group, and finally another server came to take care of our bill. It was like a classic scene from Gordon Ramsey's TV series. Good food, terrible service. If you want to eat Indian food but you do not want to waste so much of your time, the restaurant was inthe Delivery magazine.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delray Beach, Florida
“Pretty good lunch buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

More limited array of food than most other Indian buffets I've been to, but most of what they served was good, notably the butter chicken and dal. Their korma dish was very spicy (and I like spicy food.) One highlight was the dessert "vermicelli pudding" -- more like a sweet milky soup with cardamom, raisins, and butter-stir-fried (soft) vermicelli pieces. An interesting way to finish off the meal. Naan was good.

We had no service issues. Price was about $15 (Canadian) per person - about average for a lunch in Banff.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canmore, Canada
“We had wonderful food including a delicious bison saag, served by a friendly efficent waitress.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We went for a quick pre-concert dinner, and left well-fed and raving about the wonderful food 45 minutes later. We started with a promptly served plate of fine onion bajias. There were several bison dishes on the menu, a new idea to us. We chose the bison saag (beautifully tender chunks of bison in a rich pureed spinach sauce) accompanied by a bindi bajia (perfectly prepared and spiced eggplant with enough other vegetables to give an interesteng texture and mix of flavours). These and our excellent lassis and naan were served quickly by a friendly and efficient waitress. The only puzzling part is why the bad reviews? We had as good an experience as we have had anywhere and will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2011