“Enjoyable meals” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 123 restaurants in Banff
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf or Caribou
Transit: Public transit stops within walking distance.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were staying in Banff for 2 nights and ate here both evenings - despite looking at menus on a number of other restaurants. The first evening it was extremely busy with only one waitress downstairs who did a sterling job and we did not have to wait long for our drinks or our food. We enjoyed our meals but have to say my steak was 100% better on the 2nd evening. We would eat here again. We felt the prices were economical compared to other restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
saltlikbanff, Guest Relations Manager at Saltlik, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Saltlik. We are pleased you enjoyed your meals in our lounge. Please join us again!

78% Recommend
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Hungry in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Popped down to Banff for the day and decided to stay for the night> Driven by the Salt Lik many times decided this was the night to try it out. Hostess was friendly our waiter was above excellent the meal was enormous I had the Halibut and the wife had a steak the sides were also delicious the veg special was butternut squash cubed and drizzled with maple syrup the lobster mashed potatoes were loaded with perfectly cooked lobster claws I highly recommend this place for a night out

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We love hearing guests enjoyed their meal and service. Hope to see you again.

Edmonton, Canada
“Huge Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a returned visit to the Saltlik. After a great dining experience last year with my colleges, I was looking forward towards a similar second visit with my wife and in-laws . Except our server could not have made our dinner any worse...He messed up our orders from start to finish including our drinks. Our food took forever - half our meals arrived cold, and sides took over 15 minutes to be dropped off after we reminded him of them. Considering the restaurant was half empty we don't think it was justifiable to have our dinner ruined that way. It was extremely frustrating as we didn't expect amateur and inconsistent service from a reputable establishment especially when your paying the price for it. I was looking forward to impressing my family same way I was impressed but instead It was a huge disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
saltlikbanff, Guest Relations Manager at Saltlik, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Would you be willing to tell us more about your evening? We want to make sure you have the experience you expected from your first visit and would love to have you back for a third. This would be much appreciated.
Our e-mail is banff@saltlik.com

Calgary, Canada
“Not Family Friendly, Terrible Service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were sat in one of the center booths a few feet from the greeting stand. They didn’t offer us a kids menu but their smart server recommended the wings starter and ribs main course for our kids to share, except he DIDN’T THINK IT WAS WORTH MENTIONING THAT THEY ADD HOT SPICES TO THE WINGS BREADING AND HOT PEPPERS TO THEIR RIBS!! We tried to get our servers attention a few times but he was too busy conversing with the girls at the entrance stand. Considering he didn’t drop off our food in the first place A SIMPLE QUALITY CHECK WOULD’VE SUFFICED.
My husband didn’t want to make a scene and shared some of his steak and macaroni and cheese with our kids and had their wings and ribs for his dinner.
When we pointed out what had happened we were faced with surprised ignorance, lectured as to how it was part of their seasoning standard, and given a clueless and vague excuse.

Shortly after the bill was dropped off. We tipped 10% out of self-respect and walked out.

Very unprofessional and clueless staff, families with kids beware!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for bringing this to our attention Jenn.
The server who served your family that evening came forward and told us that he remembered serving your table. We sat down and talked about what had happened and used this as a leaning experience. We will be posting your review and talking to all the staff about how to accommodate families with kids. If you would be willing to talk to us more our e-mail is banff@saltlik.com

“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were craving a steak dinner and this restaurant came highly recommended by our hotel staff. We decided to give it a go since we heard such good things. We were greeted by the hostesses who immediately offered to take our coats and seat us. We dined upstairs instead of in their downstairs lounge because we wanted to have a full menu selection. The hostess explained the a la carte menu since we had never been here before. Shortly after that, our server Jamie (sp?) came with waters for us and was ever so polite and accommodating. We started off with the mushroom soup and the duck tacos. Yes, DUCK tacos and let me tell you--they were the best tacos I've ever had! I'm from Southern California where there is no shortage of tacos anywhere, and only when I came to Banff did I taste the best tacos I've ever had. I ordered the 17 oz rib eye while my boyfriend had the California bleu cheese steak. We paired them off with the sautéed mushrooms and scalloped potatoes. The steaks were cooked just right, so tender and flavorful. The mushrooms were absolutely fantastic as well, and the potatoes were deliciously cheesy! Jamie took wonderful care of us and did great with recommending what wine I should order. We had the chocolate dessert which was also fantastic--just the right amount of sweetness and went great with the raspberry jelly/sauce it came with. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends! We loved it so much that we are considering dining there again tonight for the second night in a row. Ask to be seated in Jamie's section, as he is an awesome server and will surely take great care of you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
saltlikbanff, Guest Relations Manager at Saltlik, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
A very big thank you for this review. So happy you loved your service and food. Next time your in Jamie will be more then happy to serve you again. Always nice for a server to hear that what they are doing is appreciated.

Thanks again