“went oon the reccomendation of our bar man” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 124 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf or Caribou
Transit: Public transit stops within walking distance.
London
“went oon the reccomendation of our bar man”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went here one night on the reccomendation of our barman and were not dissapointed ... I have to say I enjoyed my steak and they are very big. We got a 1 side order of mini chips and one order of brocolli which concidering the size of the steak was loads. Wine in Canada can work out very dear but we ordered a bottle of local red wine which was nice The Waiter Mr Dunbar was really nice and friendly and filled us in on some local attractions. All in all the foood was very good I am not sure what the haters expect more from a humble steak but I have had many and this establishment's one was as good as any other place I have visited. There was a good buzz in the place and it is nicely decorated. Again like most places in North America the portions are huge so Europeans beware how much you order !!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St. Helier, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We eat regularly at Saltlik on our trips. The steaks are legendary and huge. Downstairs offers a good, mixed menu and became our favourite place for this last trip.

Visited April 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Not much of a value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Touted by many as one of the best steakhouses in Banff... we were expecting much more. Service was adequate, but the food was, as the rating indicates, just average. Like many places in Canada, the menu was a la carte...and that always boosts the check price into the, "was it really worth it.." category.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“A little over rated, or should I say alot!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

First thing I don't like dining in places where the servers think they are better than the customers. Secondly the restaurant was over priced considering the food was so-so. I think there are better options in Banff for Steak like Toro's or Melissa's( much better value).

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
edmonton
“Not quite what I remembered but still satisfying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I had visited this restaurant in 2007 and to this day, still dream about the dry ribs I had there...upon returning to banff this spring it was decided I MUST eat here. My mother had steak and I the ribs, our sides were brocolli and scalloped potatoes(a personal favorite) my ribs were, by far, the best ribs id ever eaten-you should try them! everything was sooo tasty and flavourful, my only complain would have been the sides being too small. Over all it was enjoyable and we will be back!

• Visited April 2013