“Great calamari” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 124 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wolf or Caribou
Transit: Public transit stops within walking distance.
Calgary, Canada
“Great calamari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stopped in for drinks and appetizers one evening. The ambiance is nice, the drinks were good and the calamari was excellent.

Visited October 2012

St. Albert, Canada
“I have only had great meals here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the fourth time I have eaten here and it has been fantastic every time! Big portions of excellent cuts of beef, prepared to your liking. It is pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. You order your choice of meat for you and then sides usually as a group. The sides are well prepared and very tasty. If you love meat, this is the place for you. They also accommodated my 3 kids under 5 very well.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Good food comes at a price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

chose this restaurant from a recommendation of a local shop keeper, and well, it was great. Food was cooked to perfection not too large portions.
Wine was after a bit of deliberation excellent - sorry it was Australian
starters shrimp , mains sea bass - excellent and a good size. rib-eye steak cooked to perfection, veggies etc where extra so beware, but are good sized portions. Coffee foc
Total $160 for 2

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“I wanted to lick the plate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Dinner at Saltlik upstairs in the dining room, early on a Saturday night. The restaurant occupies two floors, with a spacious bar on the main floor and an equally spacious dining area all done in dark wood on the second level. We arrived at 6 pm, and the place wasn't very busy, so we got speedy service from a really great young waiter. No buns or bread, which we appreciated. My friend ordered the salmon, I chose the sea bass and we also added a side of scalloped potatoes as the mains come with veg. We also order a green salad to share. The food arrived quickly and we dug in to perfectly cooked fish dressed with a magical mix of herbs and flavoured oil. The salmon was served with fennel and my sea bass came with a tasty mix of baby yellow and red beets. The scalloped potatoes were very good. As I finished I said to my friend, "I'd like to lick the plate!" We didn't choose dessert because we were tight for time but the short menu didn't look all that exciting...the usual creme brulee and chocolate cake.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My gf took one bite and took the fork down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I worked in fine dining restaurants before, so I know the importance of customers service and food quality. For this restaurant, the ambiance is good. Service is just on par, and the food is over priced (tourist area)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere