“Tequila & Chilli!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Tequila & Chilli!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We popped in here for Friday dinner. Fantastic service, food and value. The prawns were delicious with the best habenero sauce in the world. Tequila with verdita was also a winner.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Morris Plains,NJ
“Loved the Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had an awesome dip with chorizos as well as a great guacamole dip. I had tacos which were awesome and my husband had what he called the "best burger around" with a little kick to it. I wanted to go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Brings back the nostalgia of throwing peanut shells on the floor.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have eaten in Banff more than 100 times. Find lately that when I am with a group of adults, we often come to the Stump because it is the devil we know. In a tourist place, you can get all types of places including those that can survive just by ripping off newcomers. The Stump has been in business at least 30 years by my reconning and it gets a good portion of local traffic. The peanuts are free and you can throw the shells on the floor just like the fad 20 years ago. It might be playing games, but I was surprised to see this place ranked below half the restaurants in Banff, so I gave it an excellent rating, instead of the 4/5 I would have given otherwise. It is a little tough to walk in the place when it is busy because the tables are packed in there, but that must speak to something about the value to fill it up.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bodenham, United Kingdom
“Spicy enchiladas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Yummy food here. And I love that you drink out of jars. Very modern yet Mexican antique. Great decor and very friendly staff.

Visited March 2014
“Not impressed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The atmosphere was nice, looks like a fun place to sit and have a few drinks. We went for lunch, the prices were high (but to be expected in Banff). We ordered the full order of nachos (and it was extra to add absolutely anything including tomatoes and jalapeños). We got our order pretty quickly and our server was pleasant. The serving size was very big (bonus)! But the flavor was lacking. It was bland, and if not for the hot sauce on the table it would have been like eating with your nose plugged. I also found it weird that there was no salt and pepper on the tables. Overall, 3 stars and that's because the waitress was nice and the size of the plate was big.