“Excellent In Every Category” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Beaujolais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Banff Avenue
Transit: Across from Restauran on Banff Avenu & Buffalo Street
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent In Every Category”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I decided to indulge into the six-course surprise since we don't get out much and wow were we amazed. From the service to the food everything was what we hoped for. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice night out, or celebrating a special occasion (The gentleman at the table next to us proposed). Make sure to get the surprise!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

canada
“Special Occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely special occasion dinner. The menu was wonderful and the food was excellent. The surroundings were spacious with wonderful views of Banff Avenue and the park across the street.

Visited February 2013
Paris, France
“Completely overpricing for the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I had scallops as apetizer. The dressing is bad, scallops were frozen and not fresh. Instead of having whole scallops, i just had 4 slices of it. And that cost $20.

New yort steak was just ok. Cost $38.

Definetely not a good place to go

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canmore, Canada
“Average in the Fine Dinning Category & Terrible Tip Policy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We recently had dinner at Le Beaujolais in Banff. I'd heard that it was one of Banff's most consistently good restaurants in the Fine Dinning category. My first impression is that they have a lovely spot overlooking the town and mountains. The decor is out of date but it's got a shabby comfy feeling with fresh flowers and linen, that gave it a pretty good atmosphere. Our waitress was very professional but friendly and they take the time to do things properly with napkins placed in your lap and bread served with tongs etc. Very European. The food was not particularly creative with the exception of the Merlot soaked spaghettini served with the scallop starter. My food was good, not amazing, but good. The wine selection was pretty nice so overall the food was nothing to complain about but you probably wont rave for weeks either.
The part that rather ruined the night was the end when we requested the bill. It came and when we looked it had the total for all food and beverage and then hand written below that was: Pre-GST 15% service charge" and then an amount written in, and a new total.
I'm Canadian and actually live locally to Banff. I don't need someone to tell me that it is standard practice to tip between 15 &20%. There was never any chance that I was not going to tip well. However, when I saw that I was being FORCED to tip a set amount it offended me greatly. When the server came over to bring us the debit machine she had also already typed in the new price, assuming completely that we would just automatically pay the new total that she had arbitrarily decided to assign us. The menu did say that a mandatory 15% service charge would be applied to parties of 8 or more (also standard in Canada), but we were a party of 2.
We always had intended to tip her at LEAST 15% so we paid the amount dictated to us, but we will not be returning. I think this is tacky practice and they've lost a potentially local customer who would have returned had they not rudely decided what my gratuity would be.
Poor customer service move and a tacky end.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lets start with the service - exceptional, outstanding and oh, so professional. The food - mouthwatering, fabulously prepared and presented. My daughter had a vegetarian meal. My husband ordered a Roasted Duck Breast. And I for the first time tried an elk. I was worried about the texture and the flavor of the elk. But it was done to a perfection. We then ordered two deserts: The Floating Island and Creme Brulee, my daughter's favorite. Yummy! Everything was to die for. The owners always make us feel welcome. Can't wait to return to Banff and to Le Beaujolais.

• Visited January 2013