“Yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 123 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Calgary, Canada
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

pricey but delicious. it is crowded, loud and smokey, but worth it! we had a reservation, they sat us 10 minutes late, but let us sample some wine while waiting. the dessert fondue....yummy

Visited March 2013

69% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Fun-Due”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Been to the Grizzly House twice now and never disappointed! The food is amazing and the servers are always great. I love that they've kept the decor and the phones - they're not hiding their past!
This time we went for lunch - perfect! Our server was great; very attentive! Lunch was perfect and the dipping sauces are so good!
Went for dinner a few years ago and, even though the place was packed, our server was fabulous and the food was amazing!
Thanks!

“Always Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Although we've been to the Grizzly House in Banff many times it is always worth it. The menu hasn't changed in years but why fix what is not broke. I always have the exotic fondue but use the hot rock. This time I got to try kangaroo! It is delicious but pretty chewy. If I was to try it again I think it would be in a stew. The frog leg is always a treat. We tried the vegetable fondue rather than the cheese and like it much better. You get a lot of food if you pick the package deal so make sure you are hungry with stretchy pants. The toblerone chocolate fondue with fruit and cookies and strawberries and lots of bananas (yum) is fan-feaking-tastic. To make it extra special, order some port to go with the chocolate. Almost makes sex obsolete . . . almost. Warning! Your clothes will reek after your visit so best to strip out of them, seal them in a plastic bag then wash them as soon as you get home. Love that place.

Brisbane, Australia
“Singles not welcome”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was visiting the lake Louise and Banff area and around mid afternoon felt a little peckish decided on the Grizzly Restaurant which faces the Main Street and looks fairly quaint. I walked in and waited at the appointed place for being shown to a seat. I was ignored by the gentleman who I later realised was the person showing patrons to their tables for quite a while - he actually squeezed past me 2 or 3 times. Eventually he obviously realised that I may actually have wanted to eat and on hearing that I was by myself told me to wait ( the place was half empty) so that he could find a table - I was placed at a tiny table in a dark corner. The food and service once you got a seat were not bad but I would never go back here nor recommend it due purely to the extremely poor service at the front door.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria
“A Place To Return To!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming to the Grizzly House for many years. Although we have had lesser and greater service, we have always received good value. This restaurant is a bit pricey, but you get a great meal, experience and memories. My kids look forward to coming here when we are in Banff, and have developed tastes for wild meat here. I introduced my partner to this restaurant and he spent a lot of the time dreaming about introducing others to this place as well. With so much atmosphere, history and great food, this place is always a hit.

• Visited February 2013