“A Place To Return To!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 132 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: European, Fondue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Victoria
“A Place To Return To!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been coming to the Grizzly House for many years. Although we have had lesser and greater service, we have always received good value. This restaurant is a bit pricey, but you get a great meal, experience and memories. My kids look forward to coming here when we are in Banff, and have developed tastes for wild meat here. I introduced my partner to this restaurant and he spent a lot of the time dreaming about introducing others to this place as well. With so much atmosphere, history and great food, this place is always a hit.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“Absolute Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Grizzly House is a must on any trip to Banff! It is unlike any other restaurant out there. The atmosphere is awsome and the service is great. The food is completely out of this world! Definitely go for the full fondue experience. Cheese to start, a meat or seafood platter for your main course and the chocolate and fruit for dessert. It is worth every penny!

• Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
“A unique and delicious experience - only in Banff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We love this fondue house! The food is fondue by hot rock or fondue oil. We like the full meal with cheese fondue appetizer, soup or salad (great house dressing), fondue of meat and or seafood and toblerone chocolate and fruit fondue to finish. There are many choices such as exotic meats, lobster, scallops, shrimp, Alberta beef, free range chicken, buffalo, snake and many more. There is an extensive wine (multiple house wines to choose from)and beer list as well as many other beverages. The atmosphere is eclectic with buffalo heads, statues and other stuff all over. Each table has a phone which you can use to call other tables. There is a map of table numbers on the back of the placemat. This isn't your usual chain restaurant with teenage servers. The wait staff here are mature enough to cater to your needs efficiently and provide a fun dining experience. You will need reservations if it's a weekend night. This place is fabulous so it's popular. It's our favorite place to eat in Banff and we've been to almost all of them, including all the high end establishments.

• Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was told when I visited Banff that I had to try this restaurant; it did not disappoint. I had the Alberta fondue platter on a hot rock (instead of oil) and it was delicious. The meats were delicious morsels and the waiter made sure to check that the rock was still hot enough to cook on. There was also a nice selection of craft beers to choose from. The telephones are the tables make for a nice gimmick (you can call other table) and I wish the restaurant had been busier (it was early in the evening on a Tuesday) so I could play around with other tables. The food wasn't cheap though! This is definitely not something that I could do often, but if you want a good meal in Banff and are willing to splurge, this restaurant is probably right for you.

• Visited February 2013
Red Deer, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went for the first time a couple of years ago, and it did not dissapoint! Neat atmosphere, very rustic! We ordered the 4 course meal, which starts out with soup or salad. We both had the salad and they were awesome. Next came the bread and cheese fondue - delicious and almost filled me up! Next up was the meat. We chose hot rocks so it wouldnt be as oily. My boyfriend had the steak and lobster and he said it was fantastic. I had the hunters dinner, which was buffalo, venison and wild boar. Every bite was so tasty. I dont know how we managed to save enough room for the chocolate fondue for dessert but somehow we scarfed it all down! it was that good. When we left we stunk like a deep fryer and practically had to waddle back to our hotel but it was worth it. Next time we go I would really like to try the exotic meats. How neat would it be to say that you have tried rattlesnake, shark and kangaroo!

• Visited August 2012