“Amazing food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 131 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: European, Canadian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was told when I visited Banff that I had to try this restaurant; it did not disappoint. I had the Alberta fondue platter on a hot rock (instead of oil) and it was delicious. The meats were delicious morsels and the waiter made sure to check that the rock was still hot enough to cook on. There was also a nice selection of craft beers to choose from. The telephones are the tables make for a nice gimmick (you can call other table) and I wish the restaurant had been busier (it was early in the evening on a Tuesday) so I could play around with other tables. The food wasn't cheap though! This is definitely not something that I could do often, but if you want a good meal in Banff and are willing to splurge, this restaurant is probably right for you.

1 Thank Kevin A

Red Deer, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went for the first time a couple of years ago, and it did not dissapoint! Neat atmosphere, very rustic! We ordered the 4 course meal, which starts out with soup or salad. We both had the salad and they were awesome. Next came the bread and cheese fondue - delicious and almost filled me up! Next up was the meat. We chose hot rocks so it wouldnt be as oily. My boyfriend had the steak and lobster and he said it was fantastic. I had the hunters dinner, which was buffalo, venison and wild boar. Every bite was so tasty. I dont know how we managed to save enough room for the chocolate fondue for dessert but somehow we scarfed it all down! it was that good. When we left we stunk like a deep fryer and practically had to waddle back to our hotel but it was worth it. Next time we go I would really like to try the exotic meats. How neat would it be to say that you have tried rattlesnake, shark and kangaroo!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jenna010
Calgary, Canada
“Fondue Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great little place in Banff for a fun dinner out. Not stuffy, so dress casual. Beware that EVERYTHING you wear will stink like fondue oil so wear a spare jacket. The hot rock is delicious and if you feel adventurous the exotic fondue is a hit. Telephones on the walls let you call other tables to chat which we had fun with. Overall reliably good.

1 Thank Sheen P
“A must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Not what you expect from the outside appearance but definitely worth the gamble. I would recommend trying the exotic fondue option. The whole experience was memorable, what stands out is the unique food and atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jay L
“A definite experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ordered the full, four course meal. We ordered the Alberta, which actually isn't listed on the menu. The cheese fondue really wasn't our favourite, as the wine flavour was quite strong and wasn't really our thing. The meat itself was delicious, and we had a great time cooking it up (even if we stunk when we left from the smoke). The chocolate fondue was also great. We would gladly go back again, but I think that next time we will just skip the 4 course and go with the meat and the chocolate, and just order side salads to start.

1 Thank TrishRom