“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 123 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Red Deer, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went for the first time a couple of years ago, and it did not dissapoint! Neat atmosphere, very rustic! We ordered the 4 course meal, which starts out with soup or salad. We both had the salad and they were awesome. Next came the bread and cheese fondue - delicious and almost filled me up! Next up was the meat. We chose hot rocks so it wouldnt be as oily. My boyfriend had the steak and lobster and he said it was fantastic. I had the hunters dinner, which was buffalo, venison and wild boar. Every bite was so tasty. I dont know how we managed to save enough room for the chocolate fondue for dessert but somehow we scarfed it all down! it was that good. When we left we stunk like a deep fryer and practically had to waddle back to our hotel but it was worth it. Next time we go I would really like to try the exotic meats. How neat would it be to say that you have tried rattlesnake, shark and kangaroo!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Fondue Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great little place in Banff for a fun dinner out. Not stuffy, so dress casual. Beware that EVERYTHING you wear will stink like fondue oil so wear a spare jacket. The hot rock is delicious and if you feel adventurous the exotic fondue is a hit. Telephones on the walls let you call other tables to chat which we had fun with. Overall reliably good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Not what you expect from the outside appearance but definitely worth the gamble. I would recommend trying the exotic fondue option. The whole experience was memorable, what stands out is the unique food and atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
“A definite experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ordered the full, four course meal. We ordered the Alberta, which actually isn't listed on the menu. The cheese fondue really wasn't our favourite, as the wine flavour was quite strong and wasn't really our thing. The meat itself was delicious, and we had a great time cooking it up (even if we stunk when we left from the smoke). The chocolate fondue was also great. We would gladly go back again, but I think that next time we will just skip the 4 course and go with the meat and the chocolate, and just order side salads to start.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Ho hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

It's been a while since we've eaten here and I will be in no rush to return. I had the surf and turf hot rock entree, and I am a lightweight with a large appetite, and was left hungry. As well, my hash brown type potatoes were tepid in temperature--I think the plate has been sitting a while. Moreover, the coffee was awful tasting, albeit I did not was a refill, I was certainly not offered one. My son had the hamburger and he stated it was "decent", but that the onion soup was very good.

My entree was costly for the small portion. The couple beside us who arrived at the same time, ate their fondue and left BEFORE we received our food. Ho hum.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere