“Fondue Fun” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Calgary, Canada
“Fondue Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great little place in Banff for a fun dinner out. Not stuffy, so dress casual. Beware that EVERYTHING you wear will stink like fondue oil so wear a spare jacket. The hot rock is delicious and if you feel adventurous the exotic fondue is a hit. Telephones on the walls let you call other tables to chat which we had fun with. Overall reliably good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Not what you expect from the outside appearance but definitely worth the gamble. I would recommend trying the exotic fondue option. The whole experience was memorable, what stands out is the unique food and atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
“A definite experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ordered the full, four course meal. We ordered the Alberta, which actually isn't listed on the menu. The cheese fondue really wasn't our favourite, as the wine flavour was quite strong and wasn't really our thing. The meat itself was delicious, and we had a great time cooking it up (even if we stunk when we left from the smoke). The chocolate fondue was also great. We would gladly go back again, but I think that next time we will just skip the 4 course and go with the meat and the chocolate, and just order side salads to start.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Ho hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

It's been a while since we've eaten here and I will be in no rush to return. I had the surf and turf hot rock entree, and I am a lightweight with a large appetite, and was left hungry. As well, my hash brown type potatoes were tepid in temperature--I think the plate has been sitting a while. Moreover, the coffee was awful tasting, albeit I did not was a refill, I was certainly not offered one. My son had the hamburger and he stated it was "decent", but that the onion soup was very good.

My entree was costly for the small portion. The couple beside us who arrived at the same time, ate their fondue and left BEFORE we received our food. Ho hum.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“One of my favourite restaurants anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I eat here every time I go to Banff. It is pricy but an incredible and unique dinning experience. The hot rock fondue is incredible. Who would think you can get Alligator in a Rocky Mountain resort town. The Cheese Fondue is incredible. Best staff in Banff and the same people working there for years. That says something in itself for a resort town

Visited February 2013