“A definite experience” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 124 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
“A definite experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ordered the full, four course meal. We ordered the Alberta, which actually isn't listed on the menu. The cheese fondue really wasn't our favourite, as the wine flavour was quite strong and wasn't really our thing. The meat itself was delicious, and we had a great time cooking it up (even if we stunk when we left from the smoke). The chocolate fondue was also great. We would gladly go back again, but I think that next time we will just skip the 4 course and go with the meat and the chocolate, and just order side salads to start.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary
“Ho hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

It's been a while since we've eaten here and I will be in no rush to return. I had the surf and turf hot rock entree, and I am a lightweight with a large appetite, and was left hungry. As well, my hash brown type potatoes were tepid in temperature--I think the plate has been sitting a while. Moreover, the coffee was awful tasting, albeit I did not was a refill, I was certainly not offered one. My son had the hamburger and he stated it was "decent", but that the onion soup was very good.

My entree was costly for the small portion. The couple beside us who arrived at the same time, ate their fondue and left BEFORE we received our food. Ho hum.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“One of my favourite restaurants anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I eat here every time I go to Banff. It is pricy but an incredible and unique dinning experience. The hot rock fondue is incredible. Who would think you can get Alligator in a Rocky Mountain resort town. The Cheese Fondue is incredible. Best staff in Banff and the same people working there for years. That says something in itself for a resort town

Visited February 2013
Canada
“Great night out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a fun place! The food was excellent. My husband and I each ordered the 4 course fondue meal. My husband had the exotic plate while I got the steak and lobster, and we also had soup, cheese fondue and the dessert fondue. It was sooooo good!
My only complaint would be that you'll smell like smoke when you leave (from the hot plates) and the service wasn't too great. It took a while for us to get seated despite having a reservation, and our waiter wasn't very attentive and even came thisclose to touching my husbands meat while he was explaining what each one was. Yuck.
Regardless, I would definitely recommend this place, and you get what you pay for :-) Great spot!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon
“neat experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I have to cook my own food I would usually prefer a bbq, but the experience of being there was pretty cool. There were 14 in our party and we spent three great hours there.

Waiter was pretty good with the drink and wine refills and helping us to decide what to order etc.

Food was good, not fantastic and I wasn't completely stuffed as I normally would be in an expensive restaurant like this

• Visited January 2013