“Great night out!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 122 restaurants in Banff
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fondue, cooking done at table on hot stones. Absolutely the best interactive dining with great food. Exotic foods such as elk, bison, venison, alligator, rattlesnake--plus chicken and beef!
Canada
“Great night out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a fun place! The food was excellent. My husband and I each ordered the 4 course fondue meal. My husband had the exotic plate while I got the steak and lobster, and we also had soup, cheese fondue and the dessert fondue. It was sooooo good!
My only complaint would be that you'll smell like smoke when you leave (from the hot plates) and the service wasn't too great. It took a while for us to get seated despite having a reservation, and our waiter wasn't very attentive and even came thisclose to touching my husbands meat while he was explaining what each one was. Yuck.
Regardless, I would definitely recommend this place, and you get what you pay for :-) Great spot!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Saskatoon
“neat experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I have to cook my own food I would usually prefer a bbq, but the experience of being there was pretty cool. There were 14 in our party and we spent three great hours there.

Waiter was pretty good with the drink and wine refills and helping us to decide what to order etc.

Food was good, not fantastic and I wasn't completely stuffed as I normally would be in an expensive restaurant like this

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“An appetizer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We decided to just get an appetizer of bread/veggies in Swiss cheese (would've preferred cheddar). It was good, not up to the hype, but then again, we didn't get the exotic meats either which is the main attraction.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
“Unique and eclectic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Food was perfect, I had the soup of the day and my partner had the meatloaf. Both were absolutely beautiful, meatloaf was exactly as mum made it, but it had venison, beef, elk and a beautiful BBQ sauce overlay. Potato rosti was crisp and non oily. My soup was hearty and plentiful with home made bread (2) slices. The waiter was not pushy I had am pop and partner a moose lager. The pop came in a huge glass that makes a pint look small. Ambience was a little dark, but it makes you really look around and discover some really interesting artefacts like an old motorcycle, traps and quirky flower pots. They were playing a lot of golden oldies music as background and that was good for us but perhaps not good for the younger generation. I will definitely go back and try something else from the menu.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Something out of the ordinary!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Living in Calgary & having been to Banff too many times to count this was one place we'd neer tried and had heard great things about from many others.

No# 1 recommendation - reservations!
No# 2 recommendation - earlier us better

Due to the nature of fondues and the eating an experience this is NOT a high volume high turnover establishment.

I booked a 6pm reservation for my partner's bday dinner on a Friday night. We didn't leave until around 9pm. When we left it was almost full up.

We went for the fondue dinner, sharing a soup & a salad, the veggie fondue, followed by one seafood & one Alberta game meat as our mains and finishing with the chocolate fondue.

The French onion soup was quite good. The selection on the meat and seafood was also great. The Ceasar salad was average and I found the chocolate a little to thinned out, but I'm being picky.

We left satisfied but not stuffed.
Our waiter was excellent - great personality and attention which is an art given how much they hustle to do a lot of the fondue set ups.

Not a cheap night out but worth a visit for something different & fun. Don't forget to throw in some prank table side calls for extra entertainment'.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere