“Did you lie when you made our reservation? I asked my husband?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 132 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 300 Mountain Avenue
Transit: Banff public transit service available to the hotel, please see link below for stops schedule. http://www.banff.ca/Assets/PDFs/Locals+PDF/Roam+Transit.pdf
Description: Our AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant is an exquisite dining experience, offering French cuisine with regional accents. Combined with Eden's Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence and ALTO Award winning service, this restaurant provides each guest with the finest in dining, service and scenic views in Banff. Sommeliers are on staff to offer the best wine pairing to compliment the experience. Oct-May 6pm-9pm Wed-Sun June-Sept 6pm-9:30pm Daily Please check reservation for availability.
Calgary, Canada
“Did you lie when you made our reservation? I asked my husband?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

From the moment we walked in we were treated like royalty. Seriously.

In Banff for a conference, an impromptu decision was made to invite a few of our international colleagues for dinner at Eden. As they maitre'd escorted us to their private dining room, you could see the eyes of our guests widen. I mean - the view on this spring night was mesmerizing.

The menu prices are not for the faint of heart, but my response to this is - at Eden you get what you pay for. Exquisite food, masterful service in a beautiful location.

Our table of 6 choose the tasting menu with wine pairings. I can tell you that never in my life, regardless of the word class restaurants I've eaten, have I ever had a liquid gold wine made in 1927. Of special note was the elk tenderloin and poutine. Simply outstanding. How do I know? Of course I thought it was delicious but a hush came over our room as everyone stopped to savour and enjoy.

Special occasion or a crazy foodie - go here. You won't be disappointed.

Stephanie and Cam

• Visited May 2013

Three Hills, Canada
“You feel famous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I love going here for special occasions and have gone at least 8 times in as many years. We look forward to every meal and have never been disappointed! The food is exciting and delicious, and the service is impeccable. They treat you with such elegance and individual attention I find myself wondering if they have mistaken me for someone famous!
On our last visit they served us an amuse made up of a still smoking char-coaled log on top of which was tempura battered goose confit?? (trying to remember) skewered on pine branches.Delicious and eye catching for sure. We also had sea urchin bisque served in an actual urchin bowl
The petit fours came on a glass plate over a vase containing dry ice. After bringing it to the table they pour the water on and you have this ethereal fog floating around the mini deserts and all over the table. You have to see it! On the way out of restaurant they always present you with small paper bag containing a mini loaf of some kind to take home. It always used to be a banana bread dipped in chocolate, which was very good, but our last time it was an apple spice cake dipped in some kind of caramel type of coating. AMAZING! And it comes topped with a little chocolate plaque with Eden written on it. Classy and tasty.
I would highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Banff who would like a truly 5 diamond eating experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of the greatest dining experiences I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have dined all over north America and Europe. 3 Michelin 5 diamond you name it. A passion for cuisine and wine is truly evident here. A desire on the service side to make your dining experience unforgettable is fore front. Innovative, artistic, professional and at the same time jovial. All this said realize that this is a exploration of the senses. So if a 16 oz ribeye is what your looking for try any one of 2 dozen steakhouses in the area. Come here for that thing you just can't do at home. Come here because weeks and months later you still can't forget the fantastic experience you had. As a note the value is relative and you will spend a decent amount. For me it was worth every dollar and I will return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unbelievable and incomparable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place sets a new standard in fine dining. Everything about this place - the service, the ambiance, and of course the food - will make every other dining experience you have had seem dull by comparison. These people are incredibly passionate about what they do and it shows.

• Visited November 2012
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Eden is a restaurant that you should experience at least once in your life. My wife and I choose to experience it once or twice a year! Combine an amazing staff with a fantastic chef and a wine selection that is to die for and you get Eden. Sitting on the edge of a mountain in Banff National Park is really the finishing touch. We always enjoy the chef's menu with the wine pairing. A great way to experience new tastes.

• Visited October 2012