“The most amazing dinner I have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 121 restaurants in Banff
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 300 Mountain Avenue
Transit: Banff public transit service available to the hotel, please see link below for stops schedule. http://www.banff.ca/Assets/PDFs/Locals+PDF/Roam+Transit.pdf
Description: Our AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant is an exquisite dining experience, offering French cuisine with regional accents. Combined with Eden's Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence and ALTO Award winning service, this restaurant provides each guest with the finest in dining, service and scenic views in Banff. Sommeliers are on staff to offer the best wine pairing to compliment the experience. Eden is closed Monday and Tuesday or for private functions, please check reservation for availability.
London, Canada
“The most amazing dinner I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This dining experience will be the one that all others are compared to. There is a reason this restaurant is awarded the prestigious five diamond award. The ambiance is fantastic, overlooking the bow valley and surrounding mountains.

The staff was very warm and welcoming and very educational. You have the option of doing 2, 3, or 4 course meal, with or without wine pairings, or one of the chef's tasting menus, the most extensive being the 11-course tasting menu.

Before even placing our orders, a gentleman came by with a trolly cart full of different champagnes. We passed on those, and had martinis instead. The amuse bouche (duck in pastry) was brought out on a smoking log, which in itself smelled devine. Then an assortment of breads and butters arrived. I have celiac disease, so I had to go gluten free, so they thankfully brought me some gluten free bread.

Then, when you are expecting your appetizers, another plate with 3 more amuse bouches came, which included prawns, panko fried frog legs, and beet root macaroons.

Then along comes the wine paired with your appetizer (I highly recommend the Eden wine pairings). The appetizers were fantastic. I had the foie gras, which was amazing, and the rest of the table had the Chestnut.

Next we had the main course, again with fantastic wine pairings. I had the duck, my girlfriend had the bison tenderloin, and the boys had the beef tenderloin. All enjoyed their meals immensely. The flavour of the dishes were fantastic, and the presentation was beautiful.

The boys chose the four course option, so next they had an assortment of cheeses and their wine pairing.

Finally, we all had our dessert. Each one of us ordered a different one. I had the berries and creme, which came with a vodka/berry shooter in addition to my dessert wine. Everyone loved their desserts and were amazed at the flavours and again, presentation.

Then, when your expecting dinner to be finished, out comes a clear cake serving platter with an assortment of chocolate truffles and other little desserts. In the hollow stem of the cake platter is a hibiscus tea, which the server pours dry ice into, which adds an epic finale to the meal as the smoke billows across the little desserts and down unto the table. The coffee was delicious, and there was a large trolly full of port wines, sherry's and cognac's.

As we were leaving the restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised to receive a "parting gift" which was a delicious, chocolate covered banana bread. We were so full after dinner that we had that the next day, but it was great nonetheless.

Overall, dinner here is an absolutely seamless experience. The staff is attentive and polite, the food and service is excellent. I don't know if I will ever have a meal like this again. Well worth it! :)

Visited February 2013

87% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Our favourite restaurant in Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited Eden for the fourth time on a recent trip to Banff, and wish we could go back every week. Greeted at the door by Gustavo, who never fails to recognise us, it is no over-estimation by the other reviews when they say you will be treated like royalty. From beginning to end, the service and food is flawless and every bit as good as any 3 michelin star restaurant we have been to in North America. Eden restaurant manages the perfect balance between fine dining without the pretentious awkwardness of other restaurants – you feel like the queen and yet amazingly at home. Everything we have ever chosen off the menu at Eden has been superb and clearly made with attention to the finest detail and by a team who takes pride in its work. We always arrive with very high expectations and always leave just a little more surprised at what they were able to pull off.

If you have the opportunity, do not miss this experience. We have a handful of precious memories from this incredible restaurant and will definitely be returning as soon as we get the chance.

• Visited January 2013
Canmore, Canada
“Eating Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're up to eating Art and open your mind - Eden is the place to go! Amazing what can be done with food.

Visited January 2013
Key West
“One of our best dining experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had dinner at the Eden New Years Eve. It was a great dining experience,. The food and wine pairings were fantastic, and the service - I have run out of superlatives. The whole experience was delicious, elegant but relaxed, and fun.

• Visited December 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Might be my favorite restaurant in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my 6th visit to the Eden room. As usual, I am enchanted. Chad, Robert, and Andre are the classiest managers/servers/sommelier. I took my son and his girlfriend from Ireland this trip and they were delighted with everything. The food/wine pairings, and esp. the tasting menu is a MUST for anyone who wants a culinary experience they will remember for a lifetime and compare all other similar restaurants to. It is my first choice in exquisite dining in this area. Now if only the rooms at the Rimrock would live up to the quality of the restaurant (they are sorely in need of renovation) and for a premium room, it really ought to include a few more luxuries than shampoo and soap.

• Visited January 2013