“The total experience matters” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Banff
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 300 Mountain Avenue
Transit: Banff public transit service available to the hotel, please see link below for stops schedule. http://www.banff.ca/Assets/PDFs/Locals+PDF/Roam+Transit.pdf
Description: Our AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant is an exquisite dining experience, offering French cuisine with regional accents. Combined with Eden's Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence and ALTO Award winning service, this restaurant provides each guest with the finest in dining, service and scenic views in Banff. Sommeliers are on staff to offer the best wine pairing to compliment the experience. Eden is closed Monday and Tuesday or for private functions, please check reservation for availability.
Alberta, Canada
“The total experience matters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We recently dined here with friends who were visiting the Canadian Rockies for the first time. As most of the other reviewers have stated already Eden strives to be in the ultra luxe, Michelin 2/3 star category with all that that implies: high prices, innovative presentations, high quality ingredients and alas, smallish portions. Add to that an elegant atmosphere, world class views, attentive service and an impressive wine list and you have the makings of a truly great dining experience. So, what's not to like. Well several things actually. First the food. I am all for trying exotic ingredients but their raison d'être has to be flavour otherwise why use them in the dish. My menu choices certainly had their share of interesting ingredients but I would hard pressed to say that they added anything to the taste. Second, the wine. We went with the wine pairings (which is always a safer bet in a restaurant like this) and indeed the selections offered paired well. However, the wines chosen by the chef were pretty low end bottles and hardly matched the lofty aim suggested on the menu. Finally, the service. Yes the wait staff was very attentive and explained all the dishes as they were presented but please explain to me why in a restaurant of this calibre the staff has to show up at the table in ill-fitting, dirty clothing. This kind of lapse can really detract from the total experience and at the prices asked the total experience really does matter.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Arguably the best dining experience we have had in Canada. Cuisine can be described as artistic and bold. Service spectacular. A gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Definitely coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I treated ourselves to dinner here for our wedding anniversary. It was our first time and I knew it was going to be pricey, but it was worth it!

We ordered the 4-course meal with the wine pairing. I decided to go for the Eden pairing, which allowed me to try some really outstanding stuff. I expected to be served very small portions but we were absolutely stuffed by the end of the meal because it was more like 8 courses.

To start off, we were pleasantly surprised by a few different and very creative amuse bouches, including a mini tea and foie gras, pate and goat cheese mini "sandwiches". The appetizers were nice but our entrees and cheese plates were the most enjoyable. Each bite of my entree was heaven and the cheese plate was pretty substantial! I kept forgetting which course I was on because it was all such a great experience. Before the dessert we ordered came out, we were treated to a complimentary dessert for our anniversary, which I thought was a nice touch. And the dessert...I can't remember what I even ordered but there were some awesome flavours and textures involved.

I want to mention that the service was incredible. We were made to feel so welcome and at home. We must have had 5 or 6 staff taking care of us and no one was the slightest bit intimidating (I admit I was expecting from such an upscale restaurant). I truly want to thank each and everyone at Eden for taking great care of us.

We will be making this an anniversary tradition!

Emily & Shawn

• 5 of 5 stars Food
calgary
“Wife loved it but I didn't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had the 3 course paired with wine. Both cases our food looked great, my wife's had great flavours but mine was nothing to write home about. Same thing with the wine pairings - for my wife the were good, mine tasted below average. In the end your better off buying a bottle of wine (@ 4 time the liquor store price) because they only give half a glass with each course for 2 this totals 0.6 of a bottle at 102$. All the extras are a nice touch and for me the best flavours of the night.

There is a strong effort for service (ie. lots of people) but it felt like a pressure sales pitch, think time share, from the start. After seating they come by with the bubbly cary trying to pressure customers, been in many very nice restaurants and have never seen this. Interestingly they do the same at the end of the meal for digestives. The couple next to us spent about 5 minutes with the waiters as they tried to up sell them on the wine choices.

The restaurant and views were very impressive. In the end though I prefer a being served by people who appear interested in my group having a great time, rather than just increasing the size of the bill. Lots of potential but really needs attention of a strong mgr.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Girls like nothing more than to be treated to someone else's cooking and dish-washing. Eden looks after the cooking and dishes with panache. We had 2 courses with wine which were perfect. Small and not too much for our figures. But we also loved the extras - an amazing pate amuse bouche, a pear tea to cleanse the palette, lovely fresh bread and accompanying gluten free "crackers" on a silver tray, charming interplay of conversation, and a go home goodie bag. Who could ask for more????

Visited April 2012