“Special night out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Castello Ristorante

Castello Ristorante
Fairmont Banff Springs | 405 Spray Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
+1 403-762-6860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Castello Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 133 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m.
Description: Celebrate the simple pleasures of great food, wine and company with an authentic Italian meal at Castello Ristorante! The diverse regional flavours of modern Italian cuisine and showcased nightly with our seasonally inspired menu of deliciously shareable appetizers, hand-made pasta, ultra-thin pizza, and innovative rustic fare. Experience “La Dolce Vita” and the largest Italian wine collection in Banff at Castello Ristorante.
Zionsville, Indiana
“Special night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a small, cozy restaurant inside the Banff Springs Hotel. I do not think I have enjoyed better or more attentive service anywhere before. The bread plate was delicious. We enjoyed the calamari. Again, I have not enjoyed calamari more. The restaurant is pricey. I would argue that while it is expensive, the ambiance and service helps make up for the cost. This place is the total package. I enjoyed the chef's special. It was a nicely prepared pork, mushroom, pasta dish. It was large. I ate and ate, and never was able to see the bottom of the bowl. My spouse had the seafood pasta. He thought it was very good. When I sampled it, I thought the sauce was not remarkable, but tasty, none-the-less. If I return to the Banff Springs resort, I will consider making reservations for this restaurant again. I would also dress up more. It certainly has the feel of an upscale restaurant.

Visited February 2014
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Castello Ristorante, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your dining experience at Castello Ristorante! We are so glad that you could fill up on the calamari, pork and seafood dishes! The bread is all homemade and definitely a favourite with many! It makes our jobs worth it when guests comment on how much they enjoyed themselves so thank you very much! We hope to see you back again soon!

Alberta
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Jody was an amazing waiter. I asked him for his opinion between two dishes and his choice did not disappoint. He was prompt with service and knew the complimenting wines well and the dishes that would please. We went with another couple and we all could not stop talking about the service and the food. I honestly could not pick the best part of the meal because it was all so amazing.

Visited January 2014
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Castello Ristorante, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your dining experience at Castello Ristorante. We work very hard to ensure great quality of food and exceptional service. Comments like these make it all worth it! We will ensure to pass along your kind comments to Jody and the Culinary team. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Jessica Pearce
Saluda, NC
“Banff Springs Hotel Quality Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Restaurants at the Banff Spring Hotel all serve fresh high quality meals. Castello serves a variety of delicious Italian entrées representative of many regions of Italy. My wife had Veal saltimbocca and she enjoyed very much. I has the tagliatelle with Fruti de mar (Seafood Pasta). The seafood was perfectly cooked and added to the pasta at plating time along with the sauce made using the seafood broth. The service is excellent. The only shortcoming is that it can become noisy if you sit near a group of people with a few too many drinks.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Castello Ristorante, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for you feedback regarding your dining experience in Castello Ristorante here at The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. It was a delight to have you as our guest and we are so pleased you enjoyed your meal! We are lucky to have so many delicious dining options from around the world and thrilled that you enjoyed our taste of Italy. We hope to see you back again soon!

Banff, Canada
“Bang average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Just eaten at Castellos. Very disappointed. Too many ingredients in dishes. Trying to make dishes sound better than they are. Keep things a bit more simple. I wouldn't eat there again if I returned to Banff. We have a chain in the Uk which is an Italian based restaurant called Zizzi's. I would eat there any day before Castellos and it would only cost £40 for 2 courses and a glass of wine not £100 which I just paid.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Castello Ristorante, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your dining experience. I will certainly pass along your comments to our Culinary Team. With our new Executive Chef on board we will be doing a menu change shortly in Castello. We really appreciate your feedback and we hope that you try us again with our new menu launch.

Trenton, New Jersey
“Um um good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wonderful entries and greater desserts!! This Italian restaurant is one of the best in town! The wine selection is impressive.

Visited December 2013
FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Castello Ristorante, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Castello Ristorante. We pride ourselves on authentic Italian Cuisine and are so glad you joined us for the Holiday Season!