“Hearty Breakfasts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant & Lounge

Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant & Lounge
700 Tunnel Mountain Rd | Buffalo Mountain Lodge, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B3, Canada
403-762-2400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 133 Restaurants in Banff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Edmonton, Alberta
“Hearty Breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great start to the day, hearty breakfast buffet and large serving portions from menu items. Coffee could use a litle work, but over all great food, friendly staff.

Visited March 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Great Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved the hotel & Staff. The fireplaces are amazing. The food is fabulous. I can't say anything I disliked. If there were any problems, and we had a few, they were dealt with immediately, and with a big smile. I love this place!

Visited March 2013
Regina, Canada
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had breakfast here several times during our stay. You could do a buffet or choose from the menu. The granola was great. The buffett was pretty standard for a breakfast, but a decent option.

Visited February 2013
Canada
“What is happening to this fine dining experience?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've been to the Buffalo Mountain Lodge about 8 times, and as of lately the restaurant experience has slid faster than an avalanche.

It took 1 hour 15 minutes in a not so crowded restaurant to get served a horrendous Arctic Char at $33. The potatoes were dry as well. My duck breast was quite nice I must say, but an hour and 15 minutes late - The Elk Carpaccio was amazing (if you get filled up on micro shavings) they seemed to be cutting back on that too. I can give up a couple of cost saving issues, but NOT food quality.

The outdoor big stainless steel hot-tub saved the evening. The hostess offered to exchange my girlfriend’s meal when it finally arrived. We were too famished to accept another long wait.
Don't expect your charge card to be settled at the table if you booked Expedia or another site, I got a nice letter telling me that AFTER we split the bill and paid by wireless billing at the restaurant that my room booking card was to be charged for $115 for the entire meal. We had both paid by credit card split down the middle but because we somehow used Expedia I was charged for the entire meal in the nice letter.
Skip this place if you want to eat for value and I used to love this place for a great dining experience. Randall Nelson January 2013

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Banff, Canada
“Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My friend and I dined at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge and it was exquisite! The ambiance when you walk in the door was so inviting. Service was attentive but not rushed which made for a relaxing evening. The food was excellent with a variety of choices for the adventurous and not so adventurous. Thanks to Wes, Jennifer and Elizabeth.