“Delicious home-cooked Greek inspired fast food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious home-cooked Greek inspired fast food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Been coming here since I was a kid. It's a family operated joint and you can tell by the atmosphere in the place. It's a real hole-in-the wall, you'd probably miss it walking down the street but do pop in! The food is amazing and especially great hangover food. I recommend it to anyone visiting the Bow Valley.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Greek Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

After looking at the reviews for Barpa Bill's reviews we really wanted to try it. The first day in Banff we went to Barpa BIll's. Since I am Greek maybe I was expecting a lot more, but I was not as impressed as most reviews. The locations and restaurant itself was neat and in a good location, but the food was average. I had the Barpa Burger and my wife had the souvlaki. He is not the friendliest person on the planet, but the is not a problem the food was just average.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lethbridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Nice location and good prices.remember to bring cash!
but it is worth it. The selection is good too? If you like this type food we would recommend it.

Visited October 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Souvlaki!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is a gold mine! We stopped in for a quick bite and it was honestly one of the best burgers I've ever had!

My wife had the lamb souvlaki and I have the barpa burger, both great choices. I recommend anyone coming to banff to make note of visiting barpa bill!

Visited October 2013
Alberta, Canada
“Garlic hit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I try to stop in at Barpa Bill's for a lamb souvlaki whenever I am in Banff. It's a family run business that for many years has been serving up souvlaki, French fries and burgers to die for! My favourite is the lamb souvlaki --loaded with garlic and soooo flavourful. When I feel like saying to hell with the diet, I add an order of the best fries ever! It's a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place next to the Banff theatre, has seats for about 10, is always busy with people sitting in or taking out. If you're a fan of the Greek soccer teams -- you're golden with the owner and his son.

• Visited August 2013