“Great Souvlaki!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Souvlaki!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is a gold mine! We stopped in for a quick bite and it was honestly one of the best burgers I've ever had!

My wife had the lamb souvlaki and I have the barpa burger, both great choices. I recommend anyone coming to banff to make note of visiting barpa bill!

Visited October 2013

Alberta, Canada
“Garlic hit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I try to stop in at Barpa Bill's for a lamb souvlaki whenever I am in Banff. It's a family run business that for many years has been serving up souvlaki, French fries and burgers to die for! My favourite is the lamb souvlaki --loaded with garlic and soooo flavourful. When I feel like saying to hell with the diet, I add an order of the best fries ever! It's a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place next to the Banff theatre, has seats for about 10, is always busy with people sitting in or taking out. If you're a fan of the Greek soccer teams -- you're golden with the owner and his son.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Never go wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Still the place to go in Banff for a great burger, including a lamb burger, at a reasonable price. Bill runs a tight ship. He and his son work hard to keep the place spotless and produce good food at good prices. If they don't treat you like royalty, it's probably because you're not, and they might not care if you were. Burgers and Souvlaki are the highlights. The donairs maybe not so much. Counter space for a few people, but most take out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
marietta, GA
“Confused about the great reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive meal in Banff and All the great TA reviews brought us to Barpa Bill's. Not sure what all the hype is about. The food was average. I ordered the souvlaki and there were only 4 tiny little pieces of chicken in it. It was mostly bread. My husband has the burger and we shared a salad. We drank water. Our bill was $30. The real problem for us though, was that the man behind the counter (Bill?) was kinda rude to us, so we wouldn't return or recommend it due to that. As a side note, he did seem friendly to customers who seemed to be his regulars.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Napa, CA
“Inexpensive, Tasty Greek Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Take out or eat in, this hole-in-the-wall spot serves locals and tourists alike with tasty and quick efficiency. The souvlaki and Greek salads are the main cuisine, the menu is limited, but is a welcome break from busy over-priced touristy restaurants.

Take out it