“Excellent food if you can tolerate the attitude” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 121 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Excellent food if you can tolerate the attitude”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The food here is amazing and it's why we keep going back. They're always busy and it's consistent. The attitude of the owner is hit and miss but keep in mine he's an older gentleman who works non stop and with some of the idiots you come across working in Banff I'd be a bit grumpy too. Some reviews say he's rude, I've seen him be rushed and short but never rude to anyone. It's fast and affordable, fresh and real homemade food. The barpa burger is the best burger in Banff by far.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Perth, Australia
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Love Barpa Bills for a cheap and filling meal. Everyone always talks about the burger which I kept meaning to try but just couldn't not keep myself from ordering the souvlaki! Definitely try it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, MD
“Tasty, reasonable Greek sandwiches, etc.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Love this place! Went because of Taxi Mike's blog on inexpensive places to eat in Banff. I had the Lamb Souvlaki and grape leaves, both excellent and very well seasoned and filling. My mom had the bifteka (burger on a pita), and my husband had fish and chips. Under $30, which is not the norm. There are a few stools, but it is mainly takeout and it is cash only. Owner was friendly and very busy cooking. It's fun to look around at articles on the walls. So far, my favorite Banff bargain place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chester, United Kingdom
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this place when walking round Banff. It is great to find a place that is not touristy and was fun to experience. The chicken souvlaki was amazing, don't get a double cheeseburger! Too big! One is ample ! And the fish and chips were gorgeous! We are going to call back into Banff for our lunch there on our way back home. Oh and the prices are extremely reasonable too!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Rude service, greasy food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went here this past weekend with my family, hubby, myself, 4 young kids and our greek au pair from London. We wanted to treat our au pair to some authentic greek cuisine, and after reading the trip advisor reviews, we decided this place would be great! WRONG! lady behind the counter taking and giving orders was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered, what a disappointment!
We all ordered our meals and I ordered an additional two orders of fries for our very young children to share, when the fries were ready she called me up and I asked for some extra plates so that I could split up the fries for our children, she seemed very annoyed but grudgingly handed me one extra plate, I apologized and told her that I actually need another plate and she literally scowled, took the plate back and handed me some paper plates. I was made to feel like we were a major inconvenience. She never once smiled or seemed grateful for our business.
As far as the food, my husband LOVED his barpa burger, I thought mine was okay, but its greasy and so not good for you, of coarse it's going to taste "good". Our greek au pair said that her lamb souvlaki was actually really quite good, but we were both disappointed in the greek salad, we were expecting something a little more authentic from this place!
needless to say, we wont be back, and cant understand why this place is rated so highly!? I guess if you don't care about service, and greasy food is your thing.....

• Visited March 2013