“What a great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Chester, United Kingdom
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this place when walking round Banff. It is great to find a place that is not touristy and was fun to experience. The chicken souvlaki was amazing, don't get a double cheeseburger! Too big! One is ample ! And the fish and chips were gorgeous! We are going to call back into Banff for our lunch there on our way back home. Oh and the prices are extremely reasonable too!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Rude service, greasy food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went here this past weekend with my family, hubby, myself, 4 young kids and our greek au pair from London. We wanted to treat our au pair to some authentic greek cuisine, and after reading the trip advisor reviews, we decided this place would be great! WRONG! lady behind the counter taking and giving orders was one of the rudest people I have ever encountered, what a disappointment!
We all ordered our meals and I ordered an additional two orders of fries for our very young children to share, when the fries were ready she called me up and I asked for some extra plates so that I could split up the fries for our children, she seemed very annoyed but grudgingly handed me one extra plate, I apologized and told her that I actually need another plate and she literally scowled, took the plate back and handed me some paper plates. I was made to feel like we were a major inconvenience. She never once smiled or seemed grateful for our business.
As far as the food, my husband LOVED his barpa burger, I thought mine was okay, but its greasy and so not good for you, of coarse it's going to taste "good". Our greek au pair said that her lamb souvlaki was actually really quite good, but we were both disappointed in the greek salad, we were expecting something a little more authentic from this place!
needless to say, we wont be back, and cant understand why this place is rated so highly!? I guess if you don't care about service, and greasy food is your thing.....

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Mmmmmmmm!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. They feature a chicken burger on special - the best one anywhere! A great choice for lunch in Banff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Best burger ever......ever.......ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Not a lot of room inside. But the food makes up for everything. We usually order to go and eat at the condo.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Great little take away joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I want to start by saying the food is FANTASTIC, we had the chicken souvlaki the barpa burger and a side of fries and couldn’t fault it, we travel to the Greek Islands a lot and would of thought we was there except for all the snow ! Great place to eat, a must when in Banff

Visited January 2013