“Luxury - Fine Food and Expensive Wines” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 120 restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. See the concierge desk for a town bus schedules which are subject to change without notice.
Description: The Castle in the Rockies signature dining room, The Banffshire Club specializes in the finest seasonal Canadian cuisine. Priding ourselves with a commitment to environmental conservation, our ingredients are sourced from the best local and sustainable producers, farmers and growers.
Calgary, Canada
“Luxury - Fine Food and Expensive Wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

A very select restaurant for guests with more discerning tastes, a smaller appetite and large wallets. No prices are shown on the menus. I ordered the fois gras which was the best I have ever tasted and I have eaten all over the world. Then the Roast Goose also very good. We were shown the Champagne cart and my husband ordered us a glass each of Bollinger. When the bill came each glass was $125 more than the food! Be careful and ask the prices unless it does not matter to you! That said a very good restaurant and we will return!

Visited December 2012

71% Recommend
“Amazing New Year's Eve dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my bf and another couple for New Year's Eve and the night was simply amazing. I've always wanted to try a seven course meal and it exceeded all of our expectations!
All courses were delish and we ate everything off our plates. We didn't leave hungry or stuffed, it was perfect. The service was amazing and everything flowed. Supper took 2.5 hours approximately.
Supper per person was $175.00 but if you wanted wine paired with each course it was $400.00 pp.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“an anniversary to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is just so hard to beat. from the moment we entered the staff were wonderful, the ambiance is just fantastic, my pre dinner drink was masterfully mixed and the tasting menu was to die for, for the light drinkers out there beware if you have the suggested wines as the combination can be breathtaking! If you are looking for a romantic place to eat and you are in the area this is a must!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, New Jersey
“Superb meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It's worth the expense as the meal and service were excellent! We were staying in the hotel, and didn't want to go back into town, and we weren't disappointed.

Visited September 2012
“Too much salt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The scallops had a crusted salt topping. It was way too salty The beef tenderloin was also too salty. I heard another patron also complain about too much salt on his beef tenderloin. I could not finish even one quarter of the meat and left still hungry. On the other hand my wife's meal was fine. The staff were nice and apologetic but couldn't make up for such a disappointment I can't imagine how this could have happened in a restaurant that has received rave reviews from others

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere