“very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Banffshire Club - CLOSED

The Banffshire Club
Fairmont Banff Springs | 405 Spray Ave, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1J4, Canada
+1 403-762-6860
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. See the concierge desk for a town bus schedules which are subject to change without notice.
Description: Nestled in the Castle is a hidden gem. The Banffshire Club showcases the crown jewel of Alberta cuisine - beef.
Calgary, Canada
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

outstanding culinary presentation
maitre d' had a bit of a 'stuffy' attitude and a bit loud - rather small restaurant so could be quieter with wine discussions and general chat
accomodated our special request for a 16th birthday cake - was amazing

Visited October 2011

Edmonton, Canada
“Had to try it once.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

While staying at the Banff Springs hotel over Christmas my wife was told that if we decide to use the kids camp we'd be free to go to any restaurant in the hotel we wanted. She thought it meant the meal would be free so we chose the Banffshire Club (naturally). It wasn't free. My wife and I spent $350.00 including the main wine dessert tip etc. Overall excellent and we were both glad we went. The wine server needed to lighten up and develop a sense of humor though. A little stiff.
My wife is a very good cook and she was taking pics of the food as it came. Also We went on the kitchen tour which my daughter and I found a bit boring but my wife loved it. All the chefs would come out and joke around which was cool. Staff seemed happy, it was no hells kitchen.

• Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Worth every $100 bill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Expensive but absolutely first class food/service. Atmosphere is old world elegant dining and an ideal place to impress a guest.

Visited June 2011
Barrie, Ontario
“The best of the Banff Springs Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am amazed when I read negative reviews and then experience wonderful fine dining, so I always look for a consensus whenever possible. Yes the portions are nor huge, but for me they were perfect. The scallops from BC were full flavoured and the black cod was as good as I have had anywhere. Wine list was pricey, but extensive, and I found a wonderful Gruner from Austria that was reasonably priced and a perfect match to accompany the seafood. Service was excellent and knowledgeable. If you are staying at the Fairmont in Banff, do not hesitate to visit the Banffshire Club.

• Visited March 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Banffshire Club Needs to Step it Up...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were dissappointed in the entire service, although the staff was very friendly and polite. There were so many things that happened (or did not happen) to spoil the experience it is hard explain in a short review. The food was excellent, but we could not get passed the lack of service. The service we received did not come close to our expectations of the Banffshire (or the $500 bill for 2), and I don't think I have ever felt so ignored. It seemed to be a basic lack of training and management concern. We may go back, but there are choices in Banff, and other establishments more motivated to have loyal local Customers.

• Visited October 2011