“Handy, friendly & good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 125 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Sunshine Coast
“Handy, friendly & good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Plenty of choice on the menu. Food excellent. As someone with a small appetite it was great to see a 5oz. steak on the menu.

Visited April 2013

Headingley, Canada
“The breakfast was so good we went back the next day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

9 of us went for breakfast before skiing and were treated to an amazing experience. I had the Huevos Rancheros which was more than I could ask for, I had it with the Chorizo sausage that is made in house. My wife had Eggs Benedict that she enjoyed so much she couldn't stop talking about them all day. The boys had the Swiss pancake and it was so good they got it again the next day even though they never finished it. Our friends had the big breakfast and quite honestly couldn't conquer it. Now I want to add about our server( I work in the hospitality industry), he took orders for 9 people with all of the different variables juices, bacon, sausage, coffee, different toasts and he never wrote anything down! I watched this and thought good lord its going to be all messed up. When the meals came everyone got just what they ordered. When we sat down the next day the same fellow served us and he knew what we drank the day before, amazing. Anyway Huevos Rancheros for the win. 5 star all the way around.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beef Dip and French Onion Soup to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I went for lunch with my son, we were seated at a nice table immediately by a very nice woman. I had a Beef Dip and French Onion Soup and let me tell you did they produce big time. I asked and was told the soup was made from scratch and could you ever tell. Don't pass on the French Onion if you go to Melissas. The Beef Dip was perfect with a nice Au Jus. My son had the deep dish Pizza and even as much of a picky eater the boy is, he was very happy. We are going to try breakfast tomorrow as I heard it is the best in Alberta.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Family Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have enjoyed breakfast at Melissa's in the past - this visit we wanted to try it for dinner - Great choice. Steaks and Prime Rib were perfectly cooked. And a daughter loved the pasta special. The Caesar salad came served in large wooden bowl and was delicious. Our server was very friendly.
There is a reason that this place has been a Banff landmark for such a long time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent apres-skiing dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

After a day on the Banff mountains a meal at Melissa's was a perfect pick of any of the dining establishments in the town of Banff.

The Prime Rib was excellent - good portion, cooked to my request perfectly, and accompaniments were well cooked and presented as well. Caesar salad and vegetables were crisp and tasty, and the horseradish with the main had a strong taste, not bland like so many other restaurants commonly serve. It's the best Prime Rib I've had in recent memory, and I was very happy with my meal and service. Excellent value in comparison to other chain restaurants in the Banff area.

For dessert I selected the sticky toffee off the list, and it was a great choice! Sweet hot toffee sauce over cake with cold ice cream is a perfect blend in this dessert. Anyone who likes desserts will enjoy this dish.

I'll return again, no hesitation. I'll likely try a breakfast on my next Banff visit as well.

• Visited April 2013