“Good value, great service.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 127 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Calgary, Canada
“Good value, great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Busy place but we were seated right away. Service was great, food was good and came quickly. Definitely reccomend for breakfast.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Yummy breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Took my family for breakfast and enjoyed the ambiance and the food. Service was pleasant, but a bit slow. We were greated by a lovely hostess in a Santa hat. She was very helpful in directing us to some placs that were going to be open for dinner Xmas eve. Servings were huge and the food was great. Might have been te best coffee i had all week. I highly recommend Melissa's.

Calgary, Canada
“Not what I remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been here many times but the last time was somewhat disappointing compared to how I remembered it. No problems with the service or how long it took to get the meal or decor or anything like that. What was disappointing was it getting so much hype for steak and then the steak not being as good as something I BBQ at home. You go out to get something better than that. Plus, my husband ordered his medium well as he always does and it came out bleeding (which is how I like it luckily). This isn't really acceptable as someone like me who likes it rare will eat it if it's cooked more than that but when it's under-done for someone's liking, they may not eat it (at least this is my experience). Also, my husband was quite ill the next day. Admittedly, that could have been a coincidence as it's not like it was the only place we ate that entire day but still... I'd hit up The Keg instead.

Visited January 2012
Banff National Park, Canada
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We just had dinner at Melissa's. Family of 4, kids aged 13 and 14, and spent a day skiing - so very hungry. On a budget, so stuck with the burgers. Yum yum yum and filling. My son and I had the Joe Canadian, my daughter had Mel's own grilled chicken and husband had the gorgeous George burger. Everyone really enjoyed, burgers were substantial, fresh fillings and the buns were soft and delicious. Had a choice of soup, salad or fries with the burger included in the price. Burgers were $10.95 each + tax. Great value, great taste.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place, good service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had the BC salmon and really enjoyed it maple glazed. My husband had clam chowder and sundried tomato penne which was very flavorful. The service very good and excellent! Would absolutely recommend this place to anyone passing though...

• 4 of 5 stars Food