“Very good but ...........” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 132 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Great steaks, a casual ambiance and friendly, knowledgeable staff are the proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. The Keg is a casual steakhouse with a contemporary flavor - an attractive combination for any occasion.
“Very good but ...........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked on a Saturday night, restaurant was very busy. We were a party of six. Everything about this place was very good but a bit on the expensive side. To start I had a salad with blue cheese dressing which was absolutely superb. My main was a ribeye steak which was probably one of the best steaks I have ever had. The other members of the party were also very pleased with their meals. So although a bit on the expensive side I suppose you get what you pay for and would have no hesitation in returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank Geoff S

• Korean first
“Terrible. Extremely poor managment.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Should have known better when we were able to get last-minute reservations for 8 people on a Saturday night... Service was horrible. Male server seemed put-out as if we were inconveniencing him by being there. Never had drink refills; had to ask for complementary bread; salads were warm and soggy; steaks (while not cooked properly) where fine but far from what you would expect for the price. Server never checked on us, nor did he ask if we enjoyed our meal. When we paid (by mastercard), we declined a tip as we had intended to leave it in cash. He was absolutley disgusted with us, snatched the machine away and left. It was shocking. We asked to speak to the manager and upon explaining the situation with our server and that we felt "disrespected" and explained that we would never visit this Keg location again, he replied, "cool, right on." Don't waste your time and your money. Avoid this location!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
3 Thank Junglefever1977
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a good meal as always at the keg. Restaurant did not take reservations, but even on a Saturday night, the wait was short.

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were excited to have a nice dinner out for my husband birthday but things went downhill from there. We usually love the Keg but our most recent experience was a disappointment. We were seated when the restaurant wasn't busy and it took about 5 min for the served to come to the table and it was after the hostess went and found her. They took out favourite appy off the menu (asparagus and snap pea tempura). The waitress couldn't find a drink menu so she gave me laminated piece of paper with a list of drinks on it. I am normally impressed with their martini menu but it seems to have changed. I ordered some kind of apple martini and it tasted terrible, like something I may have mixed in high school. Needless to say we didn't stay for dinner. We went down the road to a local streak house and were blown away and won't be back at the Keg when in Banff.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Allison555
Banff, Canada
“Excellent food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great location right on Banff Ave. If you can score a window table the view can be quite nice especially at night. It was not very busy which was night as it was Dec 23rd everyones meals were great and our service was good however after after 4 coffee refills my mom was lucky if her coffee was lukewarm. I hate to be really rude but the only huge downfall about this restaurant is the bathroom. I will wait til I get home thanks!

• Visited December 2012