“wonderful fine dining” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Evergreen Restaurant and Lounge

The Evergreen Restaurant and Lounge
459 Banff Avenue | Delta Royal Canadian Lodge, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1B4, Canada (Formerly Evergreen Fine Dining)
+1 403-760-6974
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Evergreen Restaurant is located just a short walk from town, at the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge. Chef Gary Dayanandan and our culinary team prepare exquisite casual fine dining fare using only the finest ingredients. The Evergreen promotes honest food that is locally sourced, and Internationally inspired. In addition we offer an ever changing fresh sheet, weekend specials, and a full vegetarian menu. For guest looking for something more than just a meal, we offer three separate function rooms and can cater to any business event, wedding, or gathering of friends. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding what we have to offer as we look forward to hearing from our past, present, and future guest; and welcoming you, to the Evergreen Restaurant.
Vancouver, Canada
“wonderful fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Been to Banff several times, but have not tried dining at the Evergreen. Maybe it's because it is a part of the Delta Royal Canadian Lodge and somewhat removed from the busier part of Banff.
After reading the reviews here, we decided to give it a try this time. Started off with the caesar's salad with poached egg, and I must say I like it as ordinarily I am not a salad person. I had the 8 oz prime rib (week-end) special. The yorkshire pudding was wonderful and among the best I have had. The steak and pinot noir sauce were also good. My daughter had the elk medallion with port wine and cherry sauce which was also good.
The ambiance was nice and our waiter was helpful. Overall a nice experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Blue River, Canada
“Great dinner out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I love to dine when we travel and after checking out several menus we decided to dine at the Evergreen restaurant.

We were very impressed. The service was outstanding! The portions were small, but tasty. My wife started with the tomato soup and I had the salmon. Both were delicious and well presented. To follow I had the elk which was served with a cherry wine sauce that complimented the meat perfectly, my wife had the arctic char which she said was very tasty. It was a bit pricey so we opted not to have dessert. We certainly would not hesitate to recommend the Evergreen restaurant and we will be returning next time we are in Banff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maui, Hawaii
“fine dining in a lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Evergreen dining room was so good. We stayed 4 days at the Delta Royal Canadian Lodge in Banff...great hotel. The kids breakfast for my daughter was delicious and affordable, buffet also very good. The prime rib special on weekends was amazing! So good, we went twice...fresh bread, veggies, yorkshire pudding with such a tasty pinot noir au jus on the big, tasty, tender cut of prime rib...the best! We will be back to stay at this hotel and eat in this lovely dining room.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you have a little extra money and you are looking for an excellent fine dining experience this is the place to go! Wonderful service and the food is divine!

Visited July 2013
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Great food, high prices!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

we are vegetarians, and were happy to see that they have a dedicated vegetarian menu.
However, paying $32 for a plate of vegetarian pasta was in my opinion, a bit too much. otherwise, nice ambience, a nice team of chefs, and great service by Ishwinn.

Visited July 2013