“Banana chocolate cake” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Rovaniemi, Finland
“Banana chocolate cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I can't forgot my dessert! It was so good! Banana chocolate cake, it was perfect! My pasta dish was also really good at first but then the hotness came and I could taste so good anymore. My friends had some chicken salad, it looked good and it was! Servers were really nice and helpful.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Edmonton
“watch your bill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

waitress added extra items to our bill that were not ordered. Also added 15% service charge to bill while we were only a group of 6. She proceeded to refund the ammount for the bogus items however kept the tip based on the "erroneous" higher amount. Didn't bother rectifying the second error: won't be returning. Food was bland and salad was awfull, not fresh and tasted like leftovers from previous day. OK bar but terrible restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sachq, Owner at Earls, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for your feedback, I am sorry you did not enjoy visit. The service partners do not have the ability to add gratuities or to add or remove items to a bill without the knowledge of the kitchen or the leadership on the floor. I would like to investigate this further. If you could contact at ebanff@earls.ca with the day and time of your visit I can determine what had happened. In the meantime we would like to invite you back and hopefully do some thing nice for to make up for your bad experience.

Kind Regards

Ron Sachkiw
United States
“Excelled on every level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We'd noticed this place and its menu on one of our walks around town during a stay at the Fairmont. Someone tried to dissuade us from trying Earl's because "it's a chain restaurant". So glad we went anyway. The food & service were great and the atmosphere very nice. Had the best pumpkin pie ever!! I want the recipe!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Where's the Focaccia?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Earls has always been one of our favorite restaurants when we're traveling in Canada because we can count on their high standards of food and service. The Earls in Banff carries on the tradition of quality food and excellent service. I was disappointed in my meal because apparently Earls has changed their menu and no longer has the wonderful FOCACCIA bread that I love. It has been replaced with a garlic toast that is nowhere near as good. Please, Earls, bring back the focaccia! Our waiter tried to make up for my disappointment by bringing a complimentary delicious dessert (see what I mean about the excellent service!) but if anybody in charge of the menu at Earls reads this: Please bring back the focaccia bread!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Collingwood, Canada
“Great server (Jill) good steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Although we waited forever for our table even after reserving, the food was good but the service was excellent Jill made our night with first class service and a fantastic attitude. Steaks, salmon, were all good. Chicken fingers overcooked.

Visited February 2014