“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My favourite place in Banff. Downstairs is the bar area with a great selection of wines and beers. Can't decide what to drink? Then ask for a taster! Nothing too much trouble.
Upstairs is the very popular restaurant. We ate here several times and were never disappointed. Great food with great staff.

Visited October 2012

84% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My son and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Earls yesterday in Banff. The hostess and server (Elise and Amanda) made our experience very enjoyable. The hostess was so friendly and really made us feel welcome. The server was very friendly as well, she made sure we had everything we needed. The food was exceptional (thank you chef)! The price was excellent!

I would definitely recommend Earls in Banff to all visitors. We will be returning to Earls again soon.

Thank you for your wonderful hospitality and excellent staff!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Great food, service questionable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant is upstairs. Room is crowded and VERY noisy. We wait for service for 20 minutes. No one comes near our table. Finally, as a waiter walks past us, I hail him and request service. He apologises for the oversight, brings water, and our dinner procedes. Pecan encrusted chicken over spinach salad is excellent, as is the Chicken and Mushroom fettucine. Pumpkin pie and chocolate sticky toffee pudding w/gelato were very good.These deserts can serve two, if you eat lightly.
This restaurant seems more interested in selling drinks than selling meals. I would call it a slightly upscale sports bar.There is a bar downstairs, and there is a large bar in the dining room staffed by young women in short black dresses. American football on all tv screens. We waited about 45 minutes for our food, after securing our waiter for ourselves. He was quite attentive during our meal, which was appreciated, but all in all it was difficult to rate the service here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
canada
“Great food and pleasant service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was a Sundays night therefore a bit quiet, quick service, smiling staff and not in your face, great tasting foods, kids loved it. Well done

Visited November 2012
Golden, Canada
“Beautiful location with nice view, Good Service, Poor menu selection, Great tasting food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I love eating at restaurants and spend at least one day a week in the town of Banff (our home town being 2 hours away in Golden, B.C.). I am a definite sucker for wining and dining at the Keg, but Earls has always been his favourite restaurant (and a frequent of our in Calgary!).

About 2 weeks ago we decided to have a nice lunch here, had a great table located upstairs with a view of the mountain and the street way to do some people watching. We had a wonderfully vibrant host/waiter (very polite and funny.) We had a bit of a difficult time with the menu because there was some very strange dining choices on it (maybe we are rather picky?) I settled for the soup of the day to start (which I was told at time of ordering was a carrot puree) and the fish tacos for my lunch main (a great recommendation from our server). My husband ended up ordering a Chicken Pasta with mushrooms, garlic alfredo, and he added prawns for an additional cost.

Upon getting our food (which was quite fast-- always a nice treat to not have to wait when you’re hungry) my soup turned out to be a curry soup that was very spicy. I had asked our server for a glass of water and asked if I was given the soup on special and he replied yes, I had. I thought I must have misheard him until my Husband tried my soup and agreed that I had ordered Carrot. I was hungry and too polite to complain, just ate my soup and preceded with my delicious fish tacos (quite possibly the best I have ever had!). My husband was enjoying his pasta when we realized there was no chicken in his dish. We asked to look at the menu and confirmed it was a Chicken Pasta. He thought it was delicious regardless and ate the lot.

Upon paying we mentioned to the server as just an FYI to the kitchen, they forgot one of the main ingredients. Told him everything was really enjoyable though and not to worry when he tried to reimburse us. Overall it was a nice experience; the location alone is worth coming back to. Hoping to see more on the menu for our next visit!

• Visited October 2012