“EAT HERE!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dallas
“EAT HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent food and service. We were in Banff for a week and ate here three times. Best food and value we found.

Had dinner - corn bread basket (wish butter wasn't hard and cold), southwestern polenta entree and flank steak. All excellent. Great margaritas, too.

Breakfast (twice) - french toast is their thing - you can get it stuffed with cheese and canadian ham or berries and cream cheese (get one of each). We also had the pancakes and eggs with salmon. We ate breakfast at another restaurant in Banff before we found this place - for a dollar more a plate, you get so much more here. And of course, REAL butter and syrup.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Calgary
“I always love Coyotes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Good flavours, nice wine list. Always a favourite of mine when in Banff for any meal. The breakfast french toast is a huge favourite of my husbands. He would drive miles for this.

Visited January 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stopped by this place a couple of times for lunch during my recent trip to Banff.
Great lunch menu. Chicken tortilla soup, pesto bruschetta, chicken pizza, salads all very nice and really nice atmosphere at lunchtimes.
Half decent cup of tea too.
Cost about $25/30 each time for a nice lunch for 2 people.

Definately go back here if I ever go back to Banff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful meal! Try it, you won't regret it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We're in Banff for three days for a little ski vacation. Don't know the restaurants. Picked Coyotes from the reviews on Trip Advisor for our supper on Sunday evening.
Wow, in a town full of ho-hum meals from chain restaurants Coyotes stands out like a brilliant diamond!
The menu is creative and interesting and the food is fabulous - delicious and meticulously prepared and presented. I had the Warm Shrimp and Goat Cheese Enchilladas and my husband had the Beef Tenderloin. Both were exquisitely presented. The beef was really tender and tasty and cooked perfectly to order with a really nice medley of grilled fresh vegetables. The Enchilladas did not skimp on the shrimps they were plentiful and delicious. With tasty rice and a lovely creative salad and really nice goat cheese.
We each had the house wine by the glass - me the premium white and my husband the premium red - both really really nice wines! Surprisingly nice, in fact.
The service was excellent as well. Attentive and friendly and knowledgeable.
What a find!!
Give Coyotes a try. I assure you that you will not regret it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rosemary, Alberta, Canada
“My Kind of Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have been at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. Our nephew who was a cook at one of the other restaurants in town recommended this one as well. It can be difficult to get in as it is highly popular. This last time we went for breakfast and the only seats left were the bar stools by the cooks. Well mannered they greeted us and still maintained a fast pace in effort to get the meals out. Great food and the highlights were my wife's fresh orange juice and I mean fresh. They squeezed it right out of the orange. When I was finished breakfast the cook asked if I would try his seafood chowder he was making for lunch. It was great and I appreciated his generosity.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere