“small place with great foo.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Mediterranean, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“small place with great foo.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

we took advantage of their winter special menu where you get to mix and match your meal with a starter, entre and dessert for 23 bucks. I had the corn tortilla chicken soup which was awesome with a little spicey kick. I had the blackbean burrito with chorizo. it was quite good but didn't hold a candle to my wife's goat cheese and shrimp enchilada. The shimp were large and firm and the warm goat cheese just oozed goodness and flavor. Next time I come I am getting that.

1 Thank elink40

Alberta, Canada
“Awesome Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a fantastic place for breakfast. The stuffed french toast is to-die-for! Services is quick and very friendly. The menu has a great variety.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alberta_Couple
Alberta, Canada
“Very good service and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our group had the veggie burger, salad, and sweet potato soup....everything really good! Ingredients were very fresh and it was just what we needed for a light supper.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank blairmoe
Oxnard, California
“Fair priced for lunch, but food fell short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went here from tripadvisor recommendations for their soup and sandwich lunch combos. Price was right for lunch, bt I didn't find the soup very flavorful and my sandwich was very dry and bland. It seemed pretty busy so I may have caught them on an off day or didn't order their best dish.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank travelinteacher1282
Red Deer, Canada
“allergy alert-warning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

this used to be one of my favorite destinations and suggested to many to make this one of thier stops when visiting Banff. I no longer will make this suggestion. I discovered that Coyotes Southwestern Grill is not a good choice of place to eat if you have a food allergy. when seated I asked if they had a Gluten free menu and was told anything on the menu could be gluten free. I ordered soup and sandwich as I was told they had Gluten Free bread. when my food arrived, to be sure I asked if the bread was Gluten free.....oops.... sorry, I forgot.....I will get it changed. After a long wait and everyone else at my table finished their food I waited for my food. when the sandwich arrived the bread was cold (out of the freezer cold) and the bread was hard and impossable to eat. I was told "well that is all we have" in not so friendly manner. In the end I got a 20% discount for a meal I was unable to eat. food allergies are not a choice. I still am surprised on the disregard for a food allergy but even more so how little they cared.

• Visited November 2012