“Good service Excellent Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Meatball

The Meatball
337 Banff Ave. (In the Ptarmigan Inn), Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1H8, Canada
403-762-3667
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 125 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Meatball Pizza & Pasta delivers the fun experience that dining should be. The restaurant offers great Italian inspired food, attentive servers and moderate prices coupled with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Our open kitchen prepares flavourful pasta dishes, stone-hearth oven thin crust pizzas, tantalizing meat and vegetarian entrees and a variety of house made appetizers and delicious desserts!
ft saskatchewan alberta
“Good service Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Service was prompt and friendly. Prices were average for Banff but the food was very good. Servers were very friendly.

Visited February 2013

Calgary
“Hotel Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Attached to Ptarmigan Inn. Very much a hotel restaurant. Food was fine but I would go out of my way to eat here

Visited February 2013
“Amazing Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The ravioli with sweet potatoe and goat cheese was terrific! Service was good, food came quickly. Price was decent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went there after reading good reviews but we were not impressed. Server brought my daughter her fake chocolate milk and told us to mix it ourselves. Calamari was black it was so burnt, pizza was okay but very salty, meatballs were cold. Wine was great. Complained to the manager and he seemed to be put out by my complain. He discounted our wine which wasn't the problem and made me feel like I was being unreasonable. I never complain, and this might have been an off day for the meatball but I thought it was high priced and terrible food. Sorry.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped in at the Meatball to pick up food for my 10 year old niece and myself. The staff were extremely helpful, one person saw us waiting behind a large group at the restaurant and led us up to the lounge to look at the menu and place our order there (knowing it would be a few minutes for the guys in front of us to put their order in).

We were told the food would be about 15 minutes so we took a seat in the lobby. Exactly 15 minutes later our food was ready to go!

We took our order (one lasagna and one spaghetti and meatballs) back to our hotel down the street.

The food was really delicious! Thankfully we had a fridge in our room because it was so filling we couldn't finish it all!

I see where the name comes from - the meatballs were gigantic and my niece definitely enjoyed her meal and looked forward to the leftovers.

Price was reasonable for the amount and quality of food. Will definitely eat there again next time I visit Banff.

• 4 of 5 stars Food