“Great breakfast, great service, affordable!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Canmore, Canada
“Great breakfast, great service, affordable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I tried this place for the first time for breakfast after reading reviews here. Was not the best breakfast I ever had, but a good one in Canmore-Banff for sure.

I had the pulled pork skillet, meat was delicious and service was great as well. The waitress was very thoughtful, refilling coffee and water regularly. Simple detail maybe, but there so many places where you almost have to serve yourself. Very satisfied over all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cheshire
“Love this place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

For me Bruno's has done the best Eggs Benny ever! This time however I was a little disappointed in the small amount of delicious hollandaise! That aside our Sunday morning here was sooo good. Bruno's is not the classiest of joints but it is clean, the staff friendly, the coffee great and the breakfast delicious and great value!

Visited November 2012
Banff, Alberta, Canada
“New management making positive change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Bruno's was taken over by new owners less than a year ago and since that time they have been steadily improving on what was previously a neglected establishment. They have been changing things bit by bit to improve the menu, atmosphere, service and the overall experience for their customers. Most recently they have repainted the dining area. This, coupled with updated furniture and art by local artist Mark Carroll have improved the dining experience immensely. As far as food goes, I have only had the breakfast and I have to say at just around ten dollars the 'traditional' is the best bang for your buck in downtown Banff although the breakfast burrito is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. The highlights for me are the real potato home fries ( not packaged or frozen) and the generous portions. I'm a big eater and am hard pressed to finish the 'Traditional'. Afternoons at Bruno's are relaxed and it's a great place to stop for a break to escape the hustle and bustle of Banff avenue. Always check the for the daily special which is often very interesting and usually a good deal and really filling portion. Night life at Bruno's is a mixed bag with everything from live music to fund raisers to art exhibitions. Keep up to date with their facebook page so you know what to expect. All in all I enjoy what Bruno's has to offer, I don't go all the time but I'm never disappointed when I do.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best breakie in town. Best bar too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

After walking around town aimlessly looking for somewhere to eat breakfast we found the Jewel in the crown in Banff: Brunos, it's open for one and the servings are big. Canada big. looking for a icey cold pint late in the day I jumped to try out Brunos it didn't disappoint friendly staff and a great place to reflect the days events. Go here first it won't dissapoint.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England
“Great at night time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We came here as it was in a hotel leaflet advising to go there. We went there for a night time outing to have something to eat and a few drinks. The first time we went we had a few drinks and dinner and really enjoyed it, so we went back on our last night. The food was really nice, and the puddings were really nice. The last night they were setting up for some live music, however as we were travelling early in the morning, we couldn't stay for long.

I really liked the way they had decorated the place with little bits and bobs. The staff were really nice and friendly, and even offered to take a photos of us when we were trying to get both of us into a photo.

• Visited December 2011