“Great food - friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 133 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“Great food - friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stopped for a late lunch. We ate in the bar area. Our meal consisted of Greek salad, feta balls and Greek meatballs - all of which we shared. In short, the food was outstanding. The fried feta ball were recommended by a couple in the next booth and we appreciated the recommendation. As you might suspect all of these plates arrived at the same time and there was no way they were all going to fit on our table so without asking the bartender arranged to have a table moved to accommodate our meal service. My wife also enjoyed her Zorba Caeser. This was a great experience and we will be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. John's, Canada
“Authentic, great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stumbled upon this place a bit my mistake, and I'm so glad we did. Service was very attentive from the moment we arrived, and atmosphere welcoming. Our server made some excellent wine and menu suggestions.
We opted for the Saganaki appetizer - a bit of fun as they light it at your table.
For the main, we shared the lamb platter. some of the BEST lamb I have ever had. It literally fell apart with the touch of a fork, and the multiple side dishes made for a nice sharing experience.
We were too full for dessert, and that rarely happens!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prince Albert, Canada
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Incredible Donairs or Gyros where I come from... Very Tasty food... We make the Balkan "a Must" stop for dinner wheneer we are in Banff. Food, Staff & Atmosphere are amazing!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“A must visit when in Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have made a tradition of eating at the Balkan Greek Restaurant whenever we are in Banff.
The food is outstanding and the staff make you feel comfortable and appreciated.
I have found that any of the dishes with Lamb in them are good. The flavour and tenderness of the meat is outstanding.

Visited February 2014
British Columbia, Canada
“Tasty meal, we left feeling very full”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went to the Balkan for dinner on Saturday night. I made a reservation online for 7:30 PM. We were starving so tried to go earlier to see if they had space, but told us no, and to come back for 7:30. That's understandable, it was a busy night (and long weekend)!

We ordered the Saganaki fire starter which was fun (and not the least bit healthy). My husband had the Arni Psito which he enjoyed and I had a standard Chicken Hercules Sword (souvlaki and the usual accompaniments). Our meals were tasty and portions were fairly large.

It took a long time for me to flag down someone to bring additional tzatziki. since the meal only came with a small bit. Finally I asked a girl refilling water glasses if I could have some more (my husband was long finished his entree by then). Our waiter brought it and told us sorry, and that he had been busy running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Hire more wait staff????

Gourmet restaurants would never charge an additional fee for more sauce that accompanies an entree. I usually only see this happening for guacamole or sour cream, not a standard house sauce. This was mildly annoying.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere