“AMAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 128 Restaurants in Banff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely starter platter with plenty of choices. I ordered the prawn appetizer which was perfection! This appy alone was enough to fill me. Entree was mouth watering lamb that just slid off the bone. I was so full at this point that I couldn’t eat it all but it was amazing. The desert was also really really good cheesecake. I posted pictures so see for yourself! This dinner was paid for by my company so I’m not sure how pricey it was but the combination of ambiance and food makes this spot priceless for a special occasion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“Authentic Greek meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The service and food are great. The meals are very close to the real authentic meals. Few days per week they have live music and it is a lot of fun.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Every time I go to this restaurant they have friendly upbeat staff that are super knowledgeable about their product. When we arrived they weren't able to take us right away so they took our cell number down and texted us when they were ready. The waiter suggested a great bottle of wine. Our first sip wasn't what I would call amazing, but once we started pairing it with our meal it was great! The only downside is there are no gluten free desserts so we had to go elsewhere.

Visited January 2013
balkanbanff, Owner at Balkan Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Greek wines, even more than most, are fantastic when combined with the right food combinations. We have taken your advice and will be adding a gluten free dessert on our next menu revision. We look forward to seeing you again! Yiasas.
Key West
“We had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was good, if a bit pricey. We had a great evening. Be sure to volunteer for the Zorba dancing and plate smashing - which is on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Our favorite restaurant in Banff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I really like this restaurant. I like everything in this restaurant - design, entertainment for visitors and of course the food! On Thursday evening you have a great opportunity to not only enjoy a good atmosphere, but to take part in traditional Greek dance or belly dance! From the menu, I like many of the dishes, but our favorite dish - the lamb! Very tasty! Restaurant has very friendly staff willing to help with the selection and recommendation! Recomend to visit this place!!!

• Visited November 2012